Monday, July 19, 2010

First harvest has occured and other notes of interest

Hi there. Well, how was your weekend? The only thing I didn't do this weekend was type this entry. Spend the weekend cleaning, doing a remote, weeding the garden, baking, watching the British Open, creating questions for the contest I do in the afternoon, and I also managed to play 18 holes of golf.
Since it hasn't been mentioned in a while, first you get a garden update. We had some carnage. Bambi paid a visit and decided to eat the green beans and impatiens that run along one side of my home. I could tell, because the hoof prints were in the soil. He just walked along and feasted.
Somehow out of the remnants there is hope. The mentally challenged venison ate the leaves and not the buds and flowers, so beans are actually growing. We also had first harvest. The mystery peppers turned out to be jalapenos and this is the earliest I've harvested peppers ever. I use them make a really good vodka sauce that I serve over pasta. The rest of the stuff is coming along nicely, although I would like to see some eggplant.
To quote Bryant Gumbel, on to other things. The British Open. It's my favorite of the majors. Watching American PGA tour pros play courses that don't come close to what they are used to at home is a joy. Instead of going over there to practice beforehand, they should head to a under maintained muni or public course and play 18 to work on their shot making. I've written this many times, but at the top of any bucket or if I had 24 hours to live list, I want to play a British Open course. The winner Louis Oosthuizen looked unflappable. After hearing how his name is pronounced, it sounded like some style of Belgian or other imported beer I might want to try.
Is it that much of a slow sports day when Joe Girardi gets second guessed for how he managed in the All Star game?
The Golden State Warriors just sold for how much? Are you sure it was the Warriors? What are the Lakers or Celtics really worth then?
I sort of owe LeBron James an apology. I've been raking him through the coals for his reality tv drama that eventually became his decision to sign with the Heat. I forgot that for the last 3 or 4 years we've been treated to, "As the Brett Favre Turns." That saga hasn't ended yet.
NBA owners are crying poverty as the upcoming collective bargaining agreement is about to expire but how can we believe them with all the max contracts they've passed out like PEZ and the Warriors sold for how much again.
Note to Erin Andrews. Your "feel sorry for me for my privacy was violated" act is starting to run thin. She was on Dancing with the Stars. She was manning the red carpet at the Bristol Techie Awards and did you she how she was attired? It wasn't a conservative pant suit. Now she is suing the hotel chains where the perv did the filming. Enough already. Maybe we should cancel the entire college football season so we don't have so see her sideline eye candy act.
One of the things I take great pride and joy laughing at is going to a bar or wedding and watching people dance. It can be as humorous as a good HBO or Comedy Channel stand up special. You find a nice quiet place to take your beverage and observe, get a chuckle, and just shake your head in bewilderment.
I'm becoming a fan of McDonalds new Smoothies.
Why did Disney make a sequel to Tron 28 years after it originally came out?
More and more I'm starting to believe that Dan Miner and Mike Dubray know everybody and everyone...Leccese out.

No comments: