Thursday, April 14, 2011

Welcoming the arrival of Mud Season

Hi there. Finally getting to writing this latest entry after filling in for Dan and Pete. I've mentioned this before, but if you have ever been in the studio to see first hand how The Morning Club works, you know its not easy with even with two people taking care of the various elements. Having one person is like climbing a different high peak every morning. You have to be really organized. It's fun but it zaps your energy. By the time 10am comes along, you're gassed. Welcome back boys. It's amazing what 3 days of weather with temperatures in the 60's and 70's will do to melt the snow. It's been a very uneventful 10 days and we'll start off with, "The Masters." It's been 25 years since Jack Nicklaus made his magical run to a sixth green jacket on the back nine. I remember watching the whole thing in my dorm room at Adams Hall at Dean College in Franklin Mass. I told my friends I was skipping dinner that afternoon cause I didn't want to miss anything. It was worth it. Even the two slices of bad pizza from that Greek place down the street from my dorm actually tasted O.K for once. This may seem wrong, but I didn't care who won as long as it wasn't that guy named Eldrick. I was rooting so hard against him. I have this feeling that as long as his back holds up, Freddy Couples will always be in contention at some point during the tournament. He has this way about him, 20 years after he won his green jacket. After that horrendously bad start, seeing the Phantoms turn things around and the buzz that Civic Center had as the team was winning at home at the end of this year, it brought back those great memories when opposing teams dreaded coming into Glens Falls on a Saturday night to play the Wings with a packed house when they were coached by Bill Dineen or Barry Melrose. Note to John Paddock, Paul Holmgren and the Brooks Brothers. The first decision to be made this off season is bringing back Joe Patterson at any cost! In an earlier entry I wrote how the Phantoms should ignore the Redwings past here and create their own identity. I was wrong and I apologize to the fans. I watched with an open mind Paul Reiser's new show on NBC. I was a big "Mad About You" fan. Come on guys admit it, you had the hots for Helen Hunt big time! You hoped that somewhere, out in the real world was a woman who looked and acted like Jamie Buchman. I know I did. I loved the show until they had the kid. Then it went downhill. I thought the opening was great with the monologue that showed photos of "Mad About You." The game show was a riot! So these last two items come from the show prep service we get. The first being this kid in Virginia gave up talking for Lent. He did it because of his faith and he truly believes it. That's honorable. I think we all know a few people who we wish would do the same thing as that kid. Also from our show prep service was a study done by a university in Spain that found drinking beer was a good way to replenish nutrients after a workout. I'll raise my pint of Guiness to that one. Bad news is I work out at 10am and it wouldn't look good to have one after my hour of cardio or fitness class before heading for the office 5 days a week. I guess the chocolate milk will still have to do for now. Tomato seeds are planted. Pepper plants are growing. I just wish the stinking eggplant seeds would finally germinate!..Leccese out.

No comments: