Friday, February 13, 2009

Nothing says love like spending Valentine's Day in the press box at the Glens Falls Civic Center

Hi There. Well we've arrived at a double dip weekend. Valentine's Day and President's Weekend. Since we all know how much of a failure I am with members of the female gender, its hard to get excited about Valentine's Day. However, if I could hop in the DeLorean with Doc Brown I would go back in time to 1984 and tell the real life Lucas (that would be me) not to rip up the Valentine that a girl named Nancy is going to send during one my classes. One of the bigger regrets in my life. I screwed that one up big time.
On to other things. Adirondack League basketball at the Civic Center. You got Lake George versus Whitehall in the girls game, and Lake George versus Fort Ann in the boys. Both games will be on the mighty 1450 WWSC.
I'm starting to get tired of seeing the crew of the US Air flight that had to land in the Hudson River. They're showing up everywhere now. Is the de-briefing finally over?
If anybody or anyone from Miracle Flights reads this blog, please stop calling my home at least twice a day. Now there's a good reason why Congress should extend the national do not call registry to include not for profit organizations.
Is it so bad at CBS that there's no other talent in the news department to do the big interviews except Katie Couric? Can't Steve Kroft or somebody else do one on occasion? What about Jim Nantz, James Brown, or Greg Gumbel?
If the NBA holds an all-star game in Arizona, would anybody care? I didn't think so.
One of the added benefits of losing weight besides all the good for you healthy stuff is buying slacks with a smaller waist line. I'm down to 225. The weight loss marathon I'm running still has lots of miles and that extra 365 yards to go.
This just in, the Grammy's were held last Sunday. Damn, I missed them. Better get TiVo now so I won't miss the Academy Awards.
In getting to know my laptop, I've discovered why people get into Texas Hold 'em poker. It's very addictive and I'm becoming addicted.
Speaking of addictive, try True North snack crisps. They're available at the store with the Bulls-eye logo. I love the pistachio ones. Disclaimer: They contain nuts, so if you're allergic don't eat them.
Enjoy the weekend. I'm now going to put on headphones and listen to my extended mix of "Love Stinks!" by the J.Geils Band...Leccese out.

No comments: