Sunday, June 5, 2011

Another reason why I need a girlfriend and men get married

Hi there. So last weekend I bought a new mattress and box spring set. Had it delivered, set up and my old set removed the other day in no time flat. That was the easy part. I went from a full size mattress to a queen size. Going from one size bed to a larger one means having to buy new sheets and a new bed spread set that comes with pillow covers and the thing you put between the mattress and box spring so you can hide stuff under the bed and nobody sees what's really under there. Who would of thought picking that stuff out could be so hard! I went to three or four different places and couldn't find anything I liked that would be tasteful and fit the decor of my home, yet have that hint of masculinity fitting of a single male. The sheets were another story. Now we're getting into fabric types like cotton blends and thread counts. Just one more reason why men get married and I need a girlfriend. To pick out bed sheets and other stuff like that for me.
One of the stores I went to in my search was one of those major chains with the initials B.B@B. I'd never been in a place like that (I never thought I would need to.) Half the store was about bedding and towels and the other half had the stuff you see on all those television infomercials.
SF Giants catcher Buster Posey got run over by Chris Cousins of the Florida Marlins in a home plate collision and now people are calling for protection of catchers in baseball like the NFL protects the quarterback. Look, its part of the game! We're over reacting here. Remember, the catcher has more protection than the guy running into him does. The guy you got to feel sorry for is Cousins who has apologized on more than one occasion, yet has received death threats from fans and Giants GM Brian Sabean has called him out as well.
I think it would be a lot simpler if we just let Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal play a winner take all 5 set final and not even bother to have 62 other players try to win the French Open. They are that far ahead of the competition.
Is Jim Dolan that stupid? The answer is a resounding yes. Letting Donnie Walsh go after he cleaned up the mess that the Knicks were in and making them a viable team again, not a good move. If Mr.Dolan even hints about bringing back Isaiah Thomas, David Stern should take the team away from him.
Sorry to see Shaquille O'Neill retiring after 19 seasons. There was something about, "The Big Diesel" that made him fun to watch. When he was in college at Louisiana State, one of his teammates was a guard named Chris Jackson. That guy could also play. The two of them were electrifying on the court together.
I forgot to mention in the last edition of a fourth out break of foot in mouth disease. Scottie Pippen became infected. He said in a radio interview that he thought LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan. I just want to know if he tested positive for any hallucinogenic drugs in his system. You're kidding me right? Scottie for that comment alone, you should be thrown out of the sidekick Hall of Fame. That's what you were on those Bulls teams, MJ's sidekick.
Still haven't played a round of golf yet. Got to figure out this thread count thing with the bed sheets first...Leccese out.

1 comment:

lorr said...

The higher the thread count, the softer the sheet. And of course, the more expensive it is. Don't go lower than a 350 thread count, in my opinion, unless you don't mind waking up chafed! And a "blend" will come out of the dryer less wrinkled than all cotton. Oh ... and do wash them before you put them on your bed. Who knows where they have been before you got them! ;)