Monday, June 13, 2011

It's not a weasel, its a marten!!




Hi there. No golf this year and no body combat class in nearly 3 weeks makes Kenny a very unhappy person. With the rain we got this weekend, it was total bust trying to do anything. Well almost anything. I swept the downstairs of my garage. Talk about a pig sty!


I'm going to lead off with the latest in a long line of terrific HBO sports documentaries. This one on the Borg/McEnroe rivalry in tennis and the 80 final at Wimbledon. Once again just phenomenal. You don't have to be a tennis fan to like this one.


Mike Tyson was inducted into the boxing Hall of Fame this past weekend. It's a shame what happened to Mike after Cus D'Amato past away. If he had stayed alive, I don't think half the stuff that Mike Tyson brought up himself in and out of the ring would have happened. Yes in effect I'm blaming Don King for Mike Tyson's downfall.


I find it ironic that in light of the scandals that have hit the Tennessee, Ohio State, and USC athletic programs recently that Bristol Tech aired its 30 for 30 film called, "The Pony Excess" on the SMU scandal of the early 80's last weekend. I think the NCAA should be dangling the death penalty axe over big time college football and basketball programs to force them to clean up their acts.


You may or may not believe me when I say that I was more happy seeing Jason Kidd get a championship ring than LeBron James not getting one this year. What he did for the Nets in taking them to back to back NBA finals. The last person who gave the Nets that kind of swagger was Julius Erving and that was in the ABA almost 40 years ago!


Well so much for the Calder Cup prediction of the Aeros in five games. My friend Jerry is a Senators fan and I guess even Binghamton is entitled to win a Calder Cup once.


Anthony Weiner (Insert your own joke here.)


The garden is coming along nicely and lettuce is ready to be picked as you can see in the photo.


One more thing. On New Years Eve of 2008 I got on the scale and it read 242 pounds. I went on a strict weight loss and exercise program and lost 37 pounds over a period of 9 months. I was down to about 205. Well the other day I got on the scale and it read 239. Yup almost 2 years later I gained nearly all the weight I that I had worked so hard to lose back. I've been fighting for a long time to get my gym groove back and seeing that number on the scale may have been the thing to finally kick start it again. It also doesn't hurt that I've got a great group of gym freak friends on my side who will help me along the way in case I might slip. I'll update you on my progress...Leccese out

No comments: