Thursday, September 22, 2011

Off to a good start and Upset Specials

Hi there.  Got lots to cover so lets get hit the ground running with Upset Specials.  Another 0 for 2 week.  Tulsa lost to Oklahoma St in game that due to weather delays didn't finish til 3:35 in the morning!  As for the pro, well so far this year the Kansas City Chiefs have been outscored by a combined score of 88 to 10!.  First, this weeks college where the Temple Owls almost beat Penn State a couple of weeks ago.  This week they get that upset win over the Maryland Terrapins and those ugly uni's they will wear this week!  For the pro, this weeks slate of games doesn't blow me away but if I have to pick one, take the Bears as a home underdog to beat the Packers.
Football rules the world and once again we saw it agan has when Texas A@M bolts for the SEC and both Pitt and the 'Cuse leave the Big East for the ACC.  The tv money that is passed out for football is mind blowing.  If big time college football ever had a play-off.  Third world countries could fix their economies with the money that the networks would pay for the rights to those games.  I'm not kidding either.  I'm unsure what to make of the Big East defections.  I sense that somewhere down the road that the football playing schools will leave and the Big East will go back to being just a basketball conference made up of the catholic universities that don't play big time football.  It has gotten out of hand and no one is guarding or protecting the cookie jar.
I saw a photo of vandalism that really torked me off.  Someone actually stole the glasses off the statue of Ernie Harwell at Comerica Park in Detroit!  That is so wrong.  In Chicago, at the statue of Harry Caray in front of Wrigley Field, they put open cans of beer in his hand.
I discovered a new addiction online and its called World Golf Tour.  They claim its the most life like golf game out there.  I'm a believer.  I putt as bad on that game as I do when I play real golf!
After seeing Win McMurry in a magazine, I might just have to start watching the Golf Channel and she has an open invite to join one of my foursomes anytime.
Admit it guys, you only watched the Emmy awards show to see what Sofia Vergara from Modern Family was wearing and how hot she was going to look. 
I don't get what the big deal is about Will Arnett.  Now he's got another new tv show.  This time on NBC called Up All Night and it co-stars Christina Applegate. 
Both the season premieres of How I Met Your Mother and Big Bang Theory were awesome.  I would mention some of the highlights but I don't want to give anything away if John or Dan hasn't seen them yet.
I think I have to find and try a pint of the new Ben and Jerry's flavor, "Schweddy Balls."  Just the name itself must make it good.
Did you really think that Ron Artest, a.k.a Metta World Peace was going to win Dancing with the stars did you?
What a crying shame.  Bethany Frankel was lost at sea for just only 20 hours.  I would have liked it better if were like say... a week or more. 
High School football the next two Friday nights in Lake George.  Enjoy the weekend.  Sending out some hellos to the gym freaks at Core...Leccese out.

No comments: