Friday, September 16, 2011

Upset Specials and I need an adjustment

Hi there.  Well before we get to this weeks Upset Specials which last week we went 0-2 as both Hawaii and the Vikings lost.  A couple of things. Will anyone actually be watching the Emmy awards Sunday night?  I didn't think so.  Also a couple of notes came from one of Tinsletown's favorite actor/actress couples.  First was seeing Angelina Jolie wearing a gold handcuff type accessory to her handbag.  There's a lot of worse things in life than being handcuffed to Angelina Jolie don't you think?  Also Brad Pitt said he made a mistake in marrying Jennifer Anniston.  O.K.  I would have to disagree, but he has seemed to have rebounded nicely from it.  I wonder if Angelina at least got rid of any Billy Bob Thorton references whether it be through having body art removed or that vile of blood that she used to wear around her neck.  That was just plain freaky even for vampire standards.
Well we finally have picked some peppers and the potatoes from the garden.  I was somewhat disappointed with the yield from the potatoes.  As for the peppers, considering that when I started them inside they were doing great.  Put them outside to harden and get used to the outside, they were on the verge of, "I guess I'm going to have to replace them and buy a few plants from the local garden store."  They came back from the dead and will make a nice early fall harvest along with some leftover eggplant and tomatoes that are still gowing.
I think I'm heading back to the chiropractor for a little treatment on my lower back.  It had been feeling great with no problems.  Yesterday I go into the gym to get my workout grove back in gear again.  I sit down to change my sneakers and something all of a sudden didn't feel right.  I think my body is rejecting Global Fitness and wants me join the freaks at Core, LOL.
Thanks to my friend Mark Mulholland for the nice story on Core he did on the local news Thursday night.  He discovered what I've known and been around for years.  An amazing group of people and I can't wait to be reunited.  I think next week my exile will be reduced to under 100 days and counting.
Now for Opie's Upset Specials.  First is the NFL.  The Kansas City Chiefs are 8 point dogs on the road in Detroit.  Take the Chiefs as they rebound from that home humiliation loss to the Bills and take it all out on the Lions.  Now for the college upset special.  Three games featuring big time programs with great histories and tradition.  Not touching any of those.  Last year I picked the Tulsa Golden Hurricane over the Golden Domers of Notre Dame.  This week I'm heading to Oklahoma where the wind blows mighty on the plain. Where the air is sweet, it smells like meat. (Oops, sorry I channeled Cloutier for a minute there!) I'm liking Tulsa as a home underdog to beat the Cowboys of Oklahoma State.
I don't what shocked me more in football last week.  That Queensbury scored 48 points including 4 td passes in a loss; or the Bills scoring 41 and won on the road against the Chiefs.  Football tonight on WWSC from Corinth...Leccese out.

No comments: