Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Catching up on many random thoughts

Hi there.  Well its been awhile since the last entry which was on the day of the Superbowl, so lets get caught up on some interesting and absurd stuff that has happened this month.
First Oscar Pistorius.  That whole murder case is becoming more twisted than the best soft pretzel.  Charles Barkley said it best, "I am not a role model."  It's really sad to tell you the truth.
Marco Rubio gives the Republican response after the State of the Union Address and he takes a drink of water during the speech and people are offended because?
It was scary seeing Ted Nugent as a guest during the State of Union Address, sort of like last years White House correspondent's dinner and Lindsey Lohan was on the invite list.
Spring training is in full swing in Arizona and Florida and Kevin Youkilis on his first day at Yankee camp says, "In my heart I will always be a RedSox."  If it were any other team, you'd get a hall pass.  Way to endear yourself to the fans of the team that a former executive who used to sign your paycheck called, "The Evil Empire."
I said this last year and I'll say it again.  Either I'm getting old and growing up or my man card should be taken away when I have no interest in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue and who's on the cover.  I think her name is Kate Upton, right?
I watched it on Saturday and no matter how hard you try to make everybody feel safe, crashes like the one that occurred at the end of Nationwide race do happen.  Jimmy Johnson said it best, "Even under most the perfect conditions, a perfect storm can happen."  I just hope all those folks who got hurt from the debris will be O.K.  NASCAR will do it best to continue make everything safer for both the the driver and fans.  Now if they could only do something about the injuries caused by flying strands of beads and people fighting over them in the stands and infield.
Good for Danica Patrick for winning the top spot in qualifying.
 The Golden State Warriors who are one of those NBA teams quietly having a good year, last Friday trot out these gold unis with sleeves on them!  The pinstriped shorts didn't help the cause for them either.  Those were double bag ugly.
Carmelo Anthony plays one year at Syracuse, leads them to the National Championship, bolts for the NBA and has his number retired last weekend.  It's not right.
This weeks sign of the apocalypse.  It was in the local paper that the Calgary Flames are considering moving the Abbotsford Heat to off all places...Utica!  Tell me they are not gonna be playing in the Aud.  
In all fairness to Seth MacFarlane and his opening number and overall performance as host of the Academy Awards, what did you expect from the creator of "Family Guy" and "Ted?" A nice quiet, politically correct, golf applause type show?  I told Dan Miner and John Pratt the song would have been much funnier if he had mentioned other slang and offensive terms for the body part he sung about.   Next year have Chelsea Handler or Sarah Silverman host and do the same song only referencing male actors and their body parts to balance everything out.
Seeing a photo of Helen Hunt on the red carpet and she was so, well you know smoking hot. There I said it. If I was married or in a dating relationship, Helen Hunt would be my hall pass.  I wish some sitcom would bring her and Paul Reiser back just once to reprise Paul and Jamie Buchman.  Come on "How I met your Mother" want to bring me back? Have Paul and Jamie be cousins of Ted or whoever the mother is gonna be in a sweeps type episode.
One more Seth MacFarlane note and I can relate to this one.  In regards to his relationship status he said, "I'm open to getting married, but actors are not easy people to date.  You end up sharing that person with this other mistress that is their career.  I very much like the traditional courtship method of making a date.  That's what they do in normal places, but Hollywood's not normal."  I kind of feel that same way in regards to being in radio and on the air.
Lays is holding this contest to create a new flavor of potato chip.  The 3 finalists are: Cheesy Garlic Bread, Siracha (which is an Asian hot sauce) and Chicken and Waffles!  Chicken and Waffles?  Don't knock 'em til you try 'em.
Finally with all the local teams playing in the Sectionals,  it is hard to be everywhere at once with a limited staff.  I hope you can understand that it isn't easy choosing what games we do on WWSC and I am sorry if you feel your team is getting slighted by us not doing your teams' game.
Maple sugar season has started!..Leccese out.

No comments: