Monday, August 3, 2009

In horse racing terms I was 2 pounds overweight

Hi there. Well the weigh in happened Saturday and to quote Maxwell Smart, "missed it by that much." I was between 207 and 208. So close but at the same time so far. I should be proud of the fact I've lost 35 pounds since the beginning of the year. However I told my Combat instructor afterward I wanted to go buy a couple of pints of Ben and Jerry's Brownie Fudge Overload or Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream and wallow in self pity eating them while watching chick flicks like "When Harry Met Sally" and "Sleepless in Seattle."
If you are a horse racing fan, you saw some great races this past weekend. Soul Warrior upsetting Big Drama and Mine that Bird in the West Virginia Derby and then Rachel Alexandra almost breaking the track record in the slop and winning by 6 lengths at the Haskell. O.K. does she shoot for the Travers? Not a clue. I defer to Kyle Brownell
If I hear anyone talk or write about adding an asterisk to those players that used P.E.D's on their hall of fame plaques just shut up please! Enough with the steroid era please! Here's my opinion. Every hall of famer in Cooperstown should have an asterisk on their plaque. All the ones who played before Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier should have an asterisk because they didn't play with Black Americans. Pitchers who pitched before the mound was lowered in the late '60's should have one. You get my point. I've heard that clubhouses had amphetamines in a jar like penny candy. Do we put an asterisk next to the players who used and played during that time? The Bob Costas' and George Will's need to get knocked off Mount Olympus. Remember as long the Players Association has the clout it does, treading lightly and slowly is the best action to get the best results.
Funny People with Adam Sandler was tops at the box office this weekend. Big deal. The only Adam Sandler movie I can take in any large doses is Spanglish and its because of Paz Vega, not Happy Gilmore.
Plaxico Burress was found guilty of having that concealed unregistered handgun in New York City. He'll spend some time in jail. When the sentence is announced, he should get an additional couple of days for stupidity and wearing sweat pants into the night club.
Tennessee Titans running back LenDale White dropped 30 pounds this off season by believe it or not working out and eating right ,but by giving up drinking Tequila. No wonder my stocks in Jose Cuervo and Cabo Wabo took a nose dive. I'm busting my ass in the gym practically every day and portioning food out to lose weight and all this time the key was to stop drinking hard alcohol. I wonder if Dubray gave up his favorite adult beverage the opposite would happen and he would put on pounds?..Leccese out.


No comments: