Monday, September 21, 2009

Summer is officially over and other weekend observations

Hi There. Well summer comes to an end Tuesday and that means a new tv season is upon us. Tonight its the return of the CBS comedies I profess my loyalty to. How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. The only new show that I may check out is Community on NBC. Its got that strong lead in from 30 Rock and The Office and from what I've read Chevy Chase is funny again. It's kind of depressing seeing him as one of my parents peers. To me he'll always be Ty Webb or Clark W. Griswold.
Did anyone really pay attention and watch the Emmy Awards last night? You did. You have my sympathy.
Speaking of television, if you happen to be a Food Network addict like I am, you wouldn't believe who's got a cooking show. Brian Boitano! The highlight of this cooking tour de force is the opening which is the song from the SouthPark movie. There's hope for me yet if I weren't so camera shy and I hate having my picture taken in general. Maybe if Marc Sommers decides to give up "Unwrapped," I could take over as host.
O.K last weekend we went 1 for 2 on the upset specials. Lost on the college, but won on the pro. I did not watch any of Giants/Cowboys game though it was nice to see arrogance humbled and I wish Lawrence Tynes or Jeff Feagles would have kicked the ball and purposely hit the mega/uber hi def jumbotron scoreboard just once to make Jerry Jones cringe even more. Look spend the extra 2 million bucks and raise the thing up another 10 feet so no one hits it.
If you would have predicted that Granville would be 3-0 and Schuylerville 0-3 to start the high school football season, I know I wouldn't have believed you.
Normally when I speak of the New Jersey Devils it revolves around the fact the organization has the personality of wet flatulence, but I'm giving them props for a change. On March 17th, they'll turn back the clock and wear the original red, white, and green jerseys that they first wore after they moved from Colorado. Yes Virginia, there was NHL hockey in Denver before the Avalanche arrived and they were known as the Rockies. Yep, just like the baseball team.
How come 2 private multi-level parking structures can built so easily in downtown Glens Falls, but the city can't find a way to do it to ease the parking problem it has?
One last thing, if you're a baseball fan it was sad to hear the news regarding Ernie Harwell. What a great guy! I got to meet him after he spoke a few years ago at the Baseball Hall of Fame and I was humbled in his presence, but he made feel like he was just as excited to meet me as I was him. If the world had more Ernie Harwell's, it would be a better place...Leccese out.

No comments: