Monday, September 28, 2009

Say Goodbye to September and other observations

Hi There. This weekend seemed pretty much like a blur. Two high school football games and a remote on Sunday. In between I think did some laundry and waited for my fantasy hockey league draft to take place. First the football. You don't win fumbling the ball 5 times like Warrensburgh did. However, Brendan Frye has a cannon of an arm. One more take on that game. What was more disheartening, Warrensburgh having only 22 players or only having 3 cheerleaders on the sideline? As for Saturday, Greenwich just methodically pounded the ball down Fort Edward's throat. It wasn't pretty for a young Forts team.
Now that we've reached the half way point of the regular season, some interesting observations. If you would have told me that Granville would be 4-0 and Schuylerville 0-4 in C North I would had you take a drug test. Cambridge has outscored their opponents 166 to 7. They're baaaack and in a big way. Certain teams just seem to never let down, they just re-load. How about Corinth being 3-1 and the year Jordan Charbonneau is having? Can't wait to see him play basketball this year. Another guy having a great year is Mico DeloSantos from Rensselaer. Unfortunately the closest we'll get to see him is if the Class D Sectional Final is in the area. I feel bad for Glens Falls. The Indians homecoming game opponent is Burnt Hills.
As for the upset specials, well I went 1 for 2 with Iowa knocking off Penn State and the Titans losing to the Jets.
Watching the Giants beat the Bucs was like watching the Greenwich/Fort Edward game I called the day before. A total dominating performance on both sides of the ball.
I was upset that the Lions won. I wanted them break the record for consecutive losses. The Redskins must now know how the Saints felt when they were the first team to lose to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Don't ever count out the Patriots or the Steelers.
The Greenhouse Effect is officially becoming a Brett Favre free zone. If I hear one more thing about him and his greatness, I'm going to hurl.
Picked up my Phantoms season tickets, and yes I'm ready for hockey. The season can't come soon enough for me...CBS comedies tonight and upset specials Friday...Leccese out.

No comments: