Friday, January 15, 2010

Buying a new phone and lets see if I can pick at least one winner

Hi there. Lets get this over with now. The jokes were made by my co-workers, I made fun of myself on the air over it and even women who know nothing about football who pick the teams because the helmet is nicer or the quarterback is cute had a better wild card week than me. Here we go and there's no place to go but up. I like the Saints, Colts, Cowboys and Chargers.
I discovered two things this week about the Giants. Nobody wanted to be the defensive co-coordinator and Jerome Bettis in a radio interview is claiming that Bill Cowher is waiting for Tom Coughlin to get canned because he wants to be the next head coach
Is it just me or does Pete Carroll going to the Seahawks reeks of something because USC is headed for probation. I thought the captain was supposed to down with his ship? Just like Jason Bay there's 7 million reasons a year for 5 years to hop off the Lido deck and see it go down glug, glug, glug off the coast of Santa Catalina island.
How did an 8 year old cub scout get on the red flag watch list as a potential terrorist threat? They must have come up with some new badges and electives to become a wolf or bear scout since I was scout and my Mom did the den mother thing.
There is one part of my body that is damming me through the first 15 days of the new year. My legs. In the last entry, I forgot to mention a big thanks to my friends at Lake George High for putting me on a team in the annual alumni basketball tournament. However working out 5 to 6 days a week does not prepare you for basketball. I played on a team that consisted of faculty members and a few others who joined up to have some fun. 6 and 1/2 games over two days. I must have beeen nuts to accept that challenge. Playing against kids who are half your age and who's games you called on the radio. The team I played for actually made it to the finals, but we lost. If I get asked for next year, I'll pass. By the way, Lucas didn't score a basket. My quad muscles hate me right now. Between those basketball games and the fitness classes at the gym, I feel pain. By the way I did take Body Pump for the first time Tuesday morning. There I was bright(O.K. it wasn't bright. It was cold and dark) and early. Making my initial peace offering of the olive branch to a barbell and weights.
It's kind of a coincidence that you begin a new fitness challenge and girl scout cookie sales happen at the same time. Plus you are obligated to buy a least a couple of boxes. This maybe sacrilegious to admit, I don't like Thin Mints.
First it was trans fat and now its too much sodium in our diets. Why are lawmakers trying to but in to our eating habits. I'm reading where schools have banned baked sales and kids are not allowed to bring in homemade cupcakes, cookies, and stuff like that because of food allergies, lawsuits, and obesity. You want to know why kids are fat? I'll tell you. We've cut gym classes and there is so much structure in their lives we don't force them to go outside and just run around and play, day dream and be kids. Plus we've become so protective of them, we're afraid of the slightest bruise, cut, or scrape on the leg or elbow will scar them for life.
Mark McGwire admitted taking steroids and HGH at a time when the major league baseball players union had it written in the collective bargaining agreement that it wasn't illegal to do so. What is the big deal over this? According to the rules, he did nothing wrong people! Also, isn't there something in our laws called the statute of limitations?
In another witch hunt, the mob with torches attacking "Avatar" continues. First, the movie is racist. Now people who have seen it are becoming depressed and suicidal over it, and to add more gas to the raging inferno somebody is claiming James Cameron stole his idea from a book that was written more than 20 years ago.
One of my favorite radio personalities growing up passed away earlier this week. Arthur George Rust, Jr. Listened to him on WABC. When I describe Yankee Stadium as, "The big ball orchard in the South Bronx" those words came from the mouth of Art. Classy guy, great voice.
Finally, this is the weekend I'm buying that new cell phone I've said I would. I've got the plan picked out and I think I know what phone I want. Now I've got to learn how to send a text message LOL...Leccese out.

No comments: