Monday, March 8, 2010

Hangin' with Hacksaw and other thoughts

Hi there. O.K. Here's all you need to know about the Oscars last night if you didn't watch or just didn't care like I did. "The Hurt Locker" took home a bunch of awards. Sandra Bullock won and not for her performances in "The Proposal" or "All about Steve." Finally "Avatar" did not do as well as we thought it would.
Friday night I will be in Fort Edward at the "March Mayhem" wrestling event helping "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan as his manager. I'm really looking forward to meeting Jim, having some fun and help raise money for the Booster Club there. Think about this for just a minute, people in my age group who grew up watching wrestling on TV and who know who you are; if you got the chance to do this, you'd be crazy to pass this opportunity up. As long I don't have to actually get in the ring and throw a punch or do some MMA stuff I'll be fine.
Speaking of raising money, Bowl for Kids Sake is in 2 weeks and Team CKM is ready and is raising the dollars. So when I start asking for donations on the air, don't hesitate to call in and help me raise some Benjamins.
Props going out to the South High Marathon Dance Kids who raised over 283,000 dollars this year. Wow!!!
I know people are calling for Governor David Patterson to resign, but honestly is there anybody out there who could do a better job til election day? And who would want the job with the financial mess the state is in and the complete ineptness of the legislature to get anything done.
The NFL free agency period has begun, and the J-E-T-S made a minor splash by trading Kerry Rhodes and acquiring Antonio Cromartie from the Chargers. You got to love Cromartie. This guy has fathered 7 kids with 5 different women. Who'd he get parenting advice from, Shawn Kemp? There are NBA players out there who are jealous of this guy. Also Jets team owner Woody Johnson had to give him a half million dollar advance so he could get his child support payments up to date.
Ben Roethlisberger is more and more becoming just one plain stupid individual.
Selection Sunday is coming and so called experts are telling us that if Siena doesn't win the MAAC championship game, despite there 26-6 record they may not get in. However 12 loss uber conference teams will get an at large bid. There is also talk of the tournament expanding to 98 teams. I have one question. Why? Teams that have 10 or more losses who don't win their post season conference tournament don't deserve to get in.
Planted tomato seeds yesterday.
Finally, Friday night I go to my car which has been parked in the Burger King parking lot since 11:30 to put my briefcase in, then walk down to the Civic Center to watch the hockey game. The Mensa society parking lot attendant comes over to me and tells me to either pay the $5.00 to leave my car which has been there since before noon or move my car. I find it ironic that on those nights when there isn't a sell out or it was -2 outside nobody said anything to me about paying $5.00 or told me to move my vehicle. Lets just say I did move my car and drove it straight home and missed the game. What a joke...Leccese out.

No comments: