Thursday, March 25, 2010

Sweet Sixteen and catching up

Hi There. A lot has been going on and besides being sick with some stupid cold/flu/cough/ sore throat and now congestion crud, I apologize for not writing sooner. So much for drinking 3 cups of green tea a day and taking vitamins to strengthen your immune system. Anti-oxidants my butt.
First off this will be the last mention of Erin Andrews. Her stalker/perv was convicted and got only 30 months for his photographing her naked through the hotel room peephole. Got to love our justice system. See you on the sideline blondie.
The Giants and Jets recently had a blood feud over who gets to play the first regular season game in the new 1.6 ba ba billion dollar PSL'd, Luxury Boxed yet to be named stadium they'll share and split the cost of building in the swamp. NFL Commish Roger Goodell settled it with a secret coin toss, the Giants won and the Jets cried foul. I personally think that Woody Johnson and John Mara should have gone to the spot in Weehawken and re-enacted the Aaron Burr/Alexander Hamilton duel to decide it. If the Jets were so sick of playing in the Giants shadow at Giants Stadium, how come they have never been mentioned in the "What teams would be the perfect fit to return pro football to Los Angeles" conversation? The talk has always been about the Vikings, Saints, Jaguars, and Buffalo Bills.
Who came up with the new overtime idea for the playoffs? The same geniuses who came up with the BCS and RPI formula's.
I wish someone would tell me how come it costs so much to build new stadiums in the NJ/NY Metro area compared to other places. I'm still not getting it. 1.6 billion for the football stadium. Rutgers football stadium expansion costs 103 million for only 12 thousand seats. The soccer team (yeah here's a token soccer mention) built a 25 thousand seat place (it looks kind of cool too) for 200 million. MSG will be renovated for about what it cost to build that place that I don't mention by name where the Mets play.
Now for the NCAA's. When can we stop calling Gonzaga, Butler, Northern Iowa, and other darling mid major programs Cinderella and let them be known for what really they are. Well coached, fundamentally sound, really good basketball teams. I filled out 2 brackets this year and in one bracket I have 2 teams in my final 4 left and in the other 3 teams. Cornell is no fluke by the way. They are a good basketball team. Coach Cal and Kentucky should be scared of that club. Yo, NCAA we don't need 96 teams in the tournament. If you want to expand, go to 68 with a play in game for each region.
If you love a really good grilled deli sandwich, try the Fireman at Sully's East on Maple Street. Corned Beef, pastrami, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing on Villa bread. I like mine minus the Russian dressing. I tried making one at home and I've discovered that the Villa bread makes a difference. I'm not a big cold cuts, deli kind of guy, but that sandwich is scary good and delicious at the same time.
While I was at my local grocery store deli buying some corned beef and pastrami, I saw something straight out of Bizarre Foods. It was called Mac and Cheese loaf. I'm not kidding you on this one. I had an Andrew Zimmern epiphany and bought a small amount, like a 1/4 pound of the stuff. It was this combination of bologna with like mac and cheese bits in it. Not for the faint of heart. Maybe if I had tried it the Bourdain way with copious amounts of alcohol, would it have tasted better? Not a chance. The smell was awful too. Could have caused paint to peel off walls.
I saw this new show on the Travel Channel and I have to tell Miner, Dubray and Mark Griffin about this one. It's called, "America's Worst Drivers." Dan, are you thinking what I'm thinking? Yep, let's nominate Cloutier as a potential show contestant.
I had to go to jury duty. The judge seemed like a nice guy, but I have to disagree with him when he said to us potential jurors that serving on a jury is one of the most honorable things you could do. Here's my take on jury duty and I'll make my point in a nice, civilized, intelligent way. It's like military service. Totally voluntary. You want to serve in the military or on a jury? Go for it. I have no desire to do either. Call me un American. I've heard that one before.
Once again had a great time at Bowl For Kids Sake. Next to the go-cart race, its my favorite thing we do for charity here at the radio station. It's nice to see Mr.Davidson back in the fold as a friend of the radio station.
Time is running out and would it be possible for at least one member of the Phantoms to win either the player of the week or the goaltender of the week honors in the AHL before the season ends. By the way I've decided to only renew 1 season ticket for next year. Trying to save money for that new car and to be honest with you, there's nothing out there that I find appealing enough that I would buy.
Saw "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past" on HBO last weekend. Funny movie. It reinforced why Michael Douglas is one of my favorite male actors.
If anyone knows Sandra Bullock pass this message on to her. I'm more than willing and able to make myself available if she needs someone to console her in regards to the revelation that her husband Jesse James joined the Tiger Woods club.
Don't forget the Prospect Child and Family Center telethon is this weekend. Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: