Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Easter Beagle is Coming Sunday and other thoughts

Hi There. Sunday is Easter. Another holiday that includes getting together with family and eating ham and lasagna. My family is down south and I have to admit, I'm kind of missing my folks since I've barely seen them in the past 4 months. Don't feel sorry for me though, if the weather cooperates, I'm gonna start raking leaves and cleaning up the yard and accessing the mud piles that are my garden. As for the seedlings inside, it will be separating and replanting weekend. I've got about 25 to 30 little ones that need to be taken care of. Lucky for me I have friends who will take and give many of them good homes.
This has been one of the those weeks where I had to take care of a lot of personal stuff. Get the SUV's oil changed, hair cut (I'm really not liking the sight of those gray hair clippings mixing with the blond ones), get the contact lens situation finally squared away and re-loading the funds for the cell phone.
On to the final four. On one of my brackets had 2 of the final 4, on the other one 1. I'm not conceding the title to Coach K and the Blue Devils just yet. I'm picking Michigan State to win it all. Don't count out West Virginia either. Note to Butler, I know you're playing in your hometown but Lucas Oil Field is not Hinkle Fieldhouse.
I thought Fran McCaffrey might leave Siena, but Iowa was not on my radar for where I thought he'd end up.
At one point in my young life St.John's basketball played an important part in it and Chris Mullin will go down as my favorite college player of all time. It just shows how times and the Big East have changed when Johnnies were having such a hard time trying to find a new coach. Steve Lavin is good guy, he just doesn't seem East Coast enough for me. Have you seen his wife? She'll be getting as much camera time as he does.
Tim Welch got the job at Hofstra, so for all you fired coaches out there, just exile yourself to Bristol Tech for a cushy tv job. Sooner or later some AD will see you and you'll have that new coaching gig.
Why are people making such a big deal and going sentimental over the fact that the ECHL's Johnstown Chiefs are moving to South Carolina. They're comparing it to the movie "SlapShot." It's unfortunate, however its business.
There's a part of me that's glad the Phantoms are not making the playoffs. Note to the parent club. Here's your goal for next year. Bigger, stronger, faster forwards who are not afraid to crash the net.
I read where a motorcycle group on the west coast is planning a ride in support of Jesse James. That would be like a group of golfers holding a golf cart rally with clubs in hand in support of Tiger Woods.
I'm worried about the "Big Bang Theory." This years season finale has Sheldon getting a girlfriend. I can see it happening to Raj, but Sheldon's devotion to his work and his hobbies and his total lack of interest in a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship of any shape or form is what makes him interesting. On second thought since Dan and John think I'm the real life Sheldon, could this be a sign of things to come. Nah, I didn't think so.
On to this weeks sign of the apocalypse and trust me there were many candidates. But it goes to the fine people in the publishing field. First the two morons who host the morning show on Bristol Tech radio have co-written a book. It gets worse. Ronnie and J-Woww from that great tv series Jersey Shore are going to write a book called, "Never fall in love at the Jersey Shore, a guide to living like a guido." I'm speechless over this one.
Opening day in baseball is Sunday night and the gag order on insulting where the Mets play there homes games officially ends. Yes!!!!Leccese out.

No comments: