Monday, April 19, 2010

When you finish reading the latest edition of, "The Greenhouse Effect" we'll send you back to Fox's coverage of the Mets/Cardinals game

Hi there. With all the talk about the Mets pitching staff being a steaming pile of friendliness, after throwing 19 of 20 shutout innings Saturday, doesn't Dan Wharthen deserve a little credit for a change while hitting coach Howard Johnson should be on the hot seat for the offense ineptness we saw. No truth to the rumor that Tony LaRussa called me or some of the fans in the stands Saturday and asked if we wanted to pitch an inning if the game had gone further.
Umpire Joe West recently took aim and criticized the Yanks and BoSox for slow play and slowing down the game. Note to all officials in all professional sports. Since none of you gutless individuals have the family jewels to explain yourselves in front of the media at post game press conferences, shut up and keep quiet. Stay invisible no matter how hard it may seem. If any coach, player, or owner tries to criticize the job you're doing, the league fines them. Just ask Mark Cuban or Phil Jackson.
I know European air travel is at a stand still causing massive travel delays, but admit it, there is something cool about seeing that volcano errupt in Iceland.
Larry King seems like a really fascinating person who someday I'd like to meet in some old time bar and just pick his mind and talk about every topic imaginable for hours upon hours. Now he's filed for divorce for the 7th time. Hey Larry, did it ever occur to you that marriage isn't your thing? I can understand trying 2 or 3 times, but 7? Some people were not meant to have that in their lives. I'm coming to that realization in my mid 40's that I will be the forever known as the single friend in the group of people I socialize with. It's not a bad gig to have at times.
Also Larry gave his sister-in-law a $160,000 automobile. I hope it came with one of those 6 year 100,000 mile warranties or a live in mechanic. Sort of like the cabana boy only for a car.
I haven't decided if it was odd or cutting edge at the time. John Tesh and Oprah having gone out together while working at a tv station in Memphis.
Even though Big Ben won't be charged with a crime for the alleged incident in Georgia, Roger Goodell and the Rooney family should suspend him at least 4 games for his stupidity. Remember this is the second time he's been involved in a case like this.
After hearing some of the details of what might have happened between Ben and the college co-ed, watching "Two and a Half Men" last week, and also reading of an incident that took place at the White Sox home opener where a couple became frisky, if you're going to get intimate or force yourself on someone in a public restroom; wouldn't it make more sense to use the handicapped stall?
I've said on many occasion that "Big Brother" is watching all of us and it's in those little devices we love called the cell phone or I-Pod. Just ask Cowboys owner Jerry Jones. He's goes out, has a few drinks at the bar, the alcohol kicks in, and he starts rambling on about people and other things and somebody records the whole thing. Amazingly, it finds its way to internet sites and Bristol Tech shows the grainy video. What happened to respect for ones privacy?
If you get a chance, check out the TV Land Awards Show this Sunday if for the only reason that they're honoring "Bosom Buddies" and yes Tom Hanks will be appearing with the rest of the cast. I hope and assume he and Peter Scolari won't be reprising their roles as Buffy and Hilde.
Got a good laugh out of my Mom yesterday. I finished pulling out the last stump from that landscaped area and she said I should start working on the 25 foot pine tree that has to come out. I told her I would call a tree removal company and have them send her the bill at my uncle's place when they finished the job. Uh Mom, I'm dead serious and you can stop laughing now...Leccese out.

No comments: