Friday, April 9, 2010

Drinking my tea and writing about nothing

Hi There. Just drinking my green tea with honey (1st cup of the day) pondering the world around me with my usual humorous twist on it.
Leading off with the Final Four. The Leccese curse worked its magic again as I picked Michigan State and I gave props to West Virginia. One glaring stat from the Duke/Butler title game. You don't win many basketball games shooting only 34 percent from the the floor. I love to preach and rant about what I think is wrong with pro and college basketball. Duke is one of the right things and I should praise and applaud them. To be perfectly honest for some reason, I like Mike Krzysewski as much as I do Kobe and LeBron. Which is not at all.
Baseball is back and my favorite Mets moment from opening day wasn't the win or the big names coming through in the clutch. It was seeing them wear the traditional Mets look. The pinstripes with the blue cap. Sorry Fred and Jeff Wilpon, here comes my first slam of Citi Field for 2010. No matter how much of an effort you've made into making the place more Mets history friendly for fans like me, as long as the rotunda has Jackie Robinson's name attached on it, it will never be a true Mets place. Take the stuff and move it to Keyspan park in Brooklyn and rename rotunda after Gil Hodges, Joan Payson or William Shea. Naming the VIP entrances after Tom Seaver, Gil Hodges, and Casey Stengal was nice touch. Putting up the wall hangings and other things also nice. Re-naming the Ebbetts Club the Champions Club, fine with me. The bridge is now named the Shea Bridge. Talk about an insult and slap in the face. You go from having the old stadium being after you, to getting your name attached to gimmick in the new place. Two recommendations for the Mets Hall of Fame and Museum. Put up a replica of the Kiner's Korner set where the fans could either sit behind Ralph's desk or in one of the chairs where the players sat. Also have some car builder/restorer guys make up one of the old bullpen carts that you saw pitchers rode to the mound on from the 70's.
What in the h-e-double hockey sticks were the Philadelphia Eagles thinking trading Donovan McNabb in the first place and to make matters worse to the Redskins? You don't trade a franchise player to a hated division rival. Not now, not ever, never! Ask the Boston RedSox and some guy named Babe Ruth.
Enough about Eldrick Woods. Just let the guy play some golf please.
After reading about former Giant running back Tiki Barber and his recent revelations and indiscretions, I've looked it up and according to the Chinese calendar not only is this is the year of the tiger it is also the year of marital infidelity.
If you haven't seen the latest HBO sports documentary about the rivalry between Earvin Johnson and Larry Bird, its a must see.
I'm already looking forward to next season for the Phantoms, because this one can't end soon enough.
If BYU does come and play a basketball game against Vermont at the Civic Center later this year it would be that totally cool.
I'd like to think that I'm in the majority of men who thinks without the glasses Tina Fey is a stunning looking woman and she's got the intelligence as well. Talk about a total package. Bonus news guys. She'll be playing Sarah Palin for a little while longer.
Got to finish raking the yard this weekend and if the weather co-operates maybe I'll plant those rhubarb plants I bought.
Note to CBS: Enough with the reruns on Monday night. Want new episodes now!
Finally, I'm not bringing up the golf. Take a look at the leader board and see who's on top after one round. You'll understand. I don't want the curse to affect him as long as possible...Leccese out.

No comments: