Sunday, August 8, 2010

Seven days til the start of football practice

Hi there. Ladies and Gentlemen we interrupt the beginning of the latest entry of "The Greenhouse Effect" to inform you after 4 months being late, the State of New York finally has a budget signed, sealed and delivered!!!!! All these years I tought it was Joe Bruno and Sheldon Silver being pigheaded. The truth has come out. It's the entire state legislature that is totally out of touch with reality and plain screwed up.
I would like to formally apologize to LeBron James for my rants about his free agency and drama that concluded with "The Decision" on Bristol Tech. No hard feelings I hope. After the return of that soap opera known to us all,"As the Brett Favre Turns." Compared to that fiasco, "The Wooing of LeBron" and "The Decision" was tame. Brett Favre is as big a drama queen as Ali Fedotowsky from "The Bachelorette."
If I ran my Dads' business into the ground the way Jeff Wilpon and Jim Dolan are doing with the Mets and Knicks, Big Ken Leccese would disown me, have me written out of the will and asked that I change my name.
More on the Knickerbockers. What photos or other incriminating stuff does Isaiah Thomas have on Jim Dolan that would cause him to bring him back as a consultant. After what he did to send the Knicks into a tailspin and on the same level of embarrassment and humiliation to the Association as the Clippers and Nets do, I wouldn't trust Zeke coaching or consulting a team of 5 and 6 year olds.
So A-Rod finally did hit that 600th Home Run. That's nice to hear.
Would someone tell "Fudgy the Football Coach" a.k.a Rex Ryan to shut up his big blowhole. Use number 150 for duct tape. Sticking it on Rex's mouth to silence it!!!! I hope he trips one day and lands on the guy who wears the firemans' hat and Bruce Harper jersey and does the J-E-T-S chant and suffocates him.
Buck Showalter returned to managing with the Orioles. Just remember this fans in Charm City. The guys who replaced him in New York and Arizona won the World Series the year after he was canned. Plan ahead so you can find his successor and the parade route when you end the World Series drought.
Rays manager Joe Maddon complained after a pop fly hit the catwalk in play at Tropicana Field that caused his team to lose. After this horribile occurance that should convince anybody that a new ballpark is needed in the Tampa/St.Pete area. Mr.Maddon if I had the power, I'd send you CitiField with a big red bow on it. Wait a minute. That's not an adequate major league ballpark either. Sorry Joe, you're out of luck.
After the debut Blue Jays rookie catcher J.P.Arencibia had Saturday going 4 for 5 with 2 home runs, I'd quit now and leave while on top.
I love the prep material we use on the air radio and this week I found out a lot about myself from it. I found out that I'll need at least 1.5 million dollars for an attractive woman to go out with and possibly marry me. The other discovery is 3 of the top 4 cars on the least likely to be stolen list I either own or want to own.
To add insult to injury, one my co-workers at the radio station had no idea I was filling in doing the morning show with Pete. Just stab me in the heart with a broken beer or wine bottle please.
If you think Bristol Tech sideline reporter and stalker victim Erin Andrews is attractive, wait til you see her sister! I saw a photo of her with Erin at a premier for a movie she is in and it made me wish I had learn to play a keyboard instrument. Yes my friends the gene pool has been kind to both of the Andrews girls.
Awwww poor Eldrick Woods is in a slump. If I gave the violinist a 20 dollar bill, you think he leave and go over and play for that cute couple canoodling at table 4.
Went to the track Wednesday and although I didn't win on any of the bets I placed, it was great way to spend the afternoon. Next time, I'm getting grandstand reserved seats so I could sit in the shade. Next weekend its off to Troy and a minor league baseball game.
I'm starting to sense it. High School football practice starts in 7 days. Training camp visits, scrimmages and media day in 2 weeks. Those nine months between seasons' somehow fly by real fast...Leccese out.

No comments: