Monday, October 11, 2010

Game On! and other weekend observations!

Hi there. Finally a 2 for 2 upset special weekend! The 'Cuse knocked off S.Florida and Eagles beat the Niners.
With no football game to call Friday night and the Yankees in a travel day, I got to watch my favorite college team from Piscataway NJ come from behind again and beat UConn. Huskie coach Randy Edsell must feel like the Twins do when they play the Yankees.
You want to know who is the most popular player on a football team? The backup qb.
So the old ball coach Steve Spurrier had a little magic left in him when the SC Gamecocks beat the Crimson Tide of Alabama. Nick Saban was left wondering if Forrest Gump had any eligibility left.
I said some prayers and unfortunately they weren't answered when the new polls came out and the Buckeyes from Ohio State were at number 1. I am so sick of Bristol Tech and CBS and their lips being surgically attached to the buttocks of the SEC and Big Ten conferences when it comes to college football.
I have a question to ask NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. Who came up with the schedule that has the Giants playing only one divisional game in the first half of the season?
From the what can I do for an encore department. Ranger rookie Derek Stepan scored a hat trick in his first NHL game against the Sabres. Lets hope its not the only 3 he'll score this season.
Nick Johnson must feel like the most forgotten Yankee alive after seeing Lance Berkman come through for them against the Twins. One more thing Yankee fans. Has Brett Gardner and Curtis Granderson make you forget Damon and Matsui yet?
Can someone explain to me the big deal about Glee?
My folks are back home for about 2 weeks and I discovered they have this guilty pleasure. I saw them watch this show on the History Channel called, "Swamp People." I thought I was bad when I admitted watching Brett Michaels on "Rock of Love."
The southern fortress of solitude in South Carolina is finished and the closing takes place sometime next week.
If CBS wants to add a soap opera back to its day time lineup, it should consider the latest Brett Favre drama with all this stuff and allegations regarding Jenn Sterger and a massage therapist. Not even the greatest creative writer of my lifetime would ever think up that stuff.
Every once in a while I'll check out the WCKM facebook page which by the way you can click on at the top of the WCKM website homepage. Have you noticed its either all about Mike Dubray or Cloutier getting ragged upon...again.
Have you been talking to my mom Chip? People really do read the "Greenhouse Effect." Maybe more people would if we posted on the WCKM Facebook page that Mike really writes it and show a picture of him at his workstation typing away.
Blossom and Sheldon, now that's a funny couple.
Time for this weeks sign of the apocalypse and we have 2 of them. Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi has a dating show in the works. (I think we should sign Cloutier up as the dirty old man suitor and see how long he lasts). The other is that Mike Myers is going be the voice of Pepe LePew in a live action movie. Mike, do your fans a favor. Remember you tried that once in, "The Cat in the Hat." Mel Blanc must be turning over in his grave...Leccese, I mean Dubray out.

No comments: