Friday, October 22, 2010

Upset Specials and other thoughts

Hi there. Friday's arrived and that means, "Upset Special" time. College upset special takes us to the Big Ten where the Wisconsin Badgers fresh off the big win over Ohio State hits the road to Kinnick Stadium in Iowa City and knocks off the Iowa Hawkeyes. As for the pro, lot of pick 'em games and some of the other lines are brutal this week. If I have to pick a game, which I do. I reluctantly go with the Raiders over Denver.
Couple of other things. That World Series prediction I made. The Curse showed its ugly head. So much for Yankees in 5 and Phils in 6.
So Tuesday night I tune in to Spike for the Scream 2010 awards and specificially for the "Back to the Future" tribute. It was great except for one little thing. Who stepped out of the DeLorean when it drove out on the stage none other than David Spade. He did the introduction of Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd. Man I can't stand that guy. Miner thinks I'm jealous cause he got the same thing that Dubray has with women. He's probably right.
Speaking of Dan, last night was the annual Bearskin Bowl, now the Ray Chandler Memorial football game in Lake George between the Lake George and Warrensburg faculty. Had a blast as always but with Dan's recent health scare I was worried about him. He was fine and felt great afterward. I hope the swelling has gone down in his hand after he blocked that pass that Doug Duell threw. Thanks to everyone who showed up and watched. Playoff football from Hudson Falls tomorrow on 1450 WWSC...Leccese out.

No comments: