Saturday, December 25, 2010

Skyping Christmas, Upset Specials and other stuff

Hi there and Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, Joyous Festivus and Holiday Salutations from the home office in Chestertown. First up on this Christmas Day is a stocking full of Upset Specials. 1 for 3 last time out with both the Vikes and Navy losing and the Jets winning. All right this week got a 4 pack for you. Two pros and two bowl games. Bowl game picks. Like K-State over the 'Cuse in the Pinstripe Bowl and the Golden Domers of ND over Miami in the Sun Bowl. For the pros, I haven't used my Giants upset special yet, so I'll take 'em over the Pack at Lambeau. My second pro pick is the Bengals knocking off the Chargers at home in Cincy.
I've made many strides in embracing technology this year. Got a new cell phone and I now text and take pictures using the phone. Bought a new car with sensors everywhere, I even managed to transfer points from 2 old Subway cards to a new one. Impressed yet? Now its Skype. My folks are in NC at my sisters and we are doing Christmas this year using video hook up on the lap tops. This thing is totally cool. What's next, we'll figure that one out at a later date. I guarantee it is not gonna be Facebook, so don't get any ideas.
I'm still trying to figure out what really happened in the last 8 minutes of the Giants/Eagles game. Did the Giants suddenly play that badly or did the Eagles all of sudden play that good and were toying with Big Blue the whole time?
Did we really need to see Rex Ryan and his wife on video talking about foot fetishes? How does this stuff show up and where do they find it? It would have been a lot funnier if Tom Coughlin was the one caught on a video with his wife. Since it is Rex Ryan, just seems like another normal day at the Jets offices down in Florham Park.
It's nice to know that the Mets are flying so well under the radar this off season that Norad and the Defense department can't detect them.
Let me get this straight. So these kids from Ohio State will be suspended for 5 games next year for selling and trading stuff they got for playing and winning in various games. They the traded stuff for services at a tattoo parlor! Body art for Christ sakes! Pathetic if you ask me. About 20 years ago, Rick Telander wrote a great book about college football called, "The One Hundred Yard Lie." I might have to read it again.
One more college note. A couple of Mississippi State basketball players got into a fight with each other in the stands watching another tournament game in Hawaii. I saw the clip and I don't whether to laugh or shake my head at it all.
No matter how much layering you wear and how warm you may think you may be, the Glens Falls Rec Center is one freakin' cold building to watch and broadcast a hockey game from.
Its been a couple of years since I last saw him, but when Joe Patterson's picture was shown in the Post Star upon the announcement of him becoming Phantoms coach earlier this week, I didn't even recognize him. I thought he looked kind of like one my co-workers who works Saturdays and no it is not Chip or Gonzo.
Enjoy your Christmas and Boxing day...Leccese out.

No comments: