Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I just don't like Slater!


Hi there. It was just a matter of time. 3 snow storms in less than 2 weeks. The folks are headed down to South Carolina to the fortress of solitude on Fripp Island for the winter. My Mom wanted to stay here for another week or two, but Dad kind of laid the law down and said he was going there without her. Got to love my crazy parents! I actually wouldn't have minded them sticking around for another week. Miss you Mom and Dad!
O.K. on to some NFL play-off observations. How come Rex Ryan has become suddenly humble when talking about Mike Tomlin and the Steelers after all the smack talk the past two weeks before facing the Colts and Patriots. I don't like throwing the race card around, but would you want to attack Coach Tomlin on Martin Luther King Day? I didn't think so either.
Hello Packer fans. Have you forgotten about what's his name, number 4 yet after seeing Aaron Rodgers doing what he has been doing these last couple of weeks? By the way that Number 4 guy filed his retirement papers with the NFL offices. How soon does he rescind those same papers for the upteenth time?
Mike Martz has little to do with the Bears success. It comes down to this. Good defense, solid running game, and a quarterback managing the game with minimal mistakes. Of the 4 teams left. 2 of the QB's are managing the games without making mistakes, the other two are legit Top 10 QB's. Did you notice that all the winning teams had great pass rush schemes?
I think Tom Brady will be able to forget the Jet loss as soon he spends a couple of days with Mrs. Brady (we're not talking Carol either) and not think about football during that time. He'll be O.K. trust me. I would if I were married to his wife.
As for the Ravens, I'm torn. Love Ray Rice. Can't stand Ray Lewis. It was nice to see another team besides the Giants fall apart like that in front of my eyes.
If the Phantoms played the Syracuse Crunch say like 50 times, they'd be a contender for the Calder Cup this year.
Saturday night observing the mascots at the Phantoms game, one stood out and if you were there I hope you noticed too. The person who was in Tux, the Penguins mascot was phenomenal! That person must have taken lessons from Dave Raymond, who was the original Philly Phanatic. One more mascot note. There was this one person dressed as Big Foot, at first I thought it was "Chaka" from "Land of the Lost.
Seeing photos of the freak who went on that shooting rampage in Tuscon 10 days ago gives me the chills and it concerns me that there are more like him waiting in the wings.
Had a great time in Warrensburg at their first,"Dancing to Make a Difference" Marathon. I was originally was supposed to be there for only an hour, but stayed for 2. If I hadn't had my Phantoms tickets I would have gone earlier and hung out even longer. Nice going kids and when I come back next year, I'm bringing some my friends from the radio station to experience the fun I had. Thanks to everyone up there.
2011 seed catalogs have arrived. I'm circling what seeds and materials I need and I've found something new for the garden. It's called, "The Potato Planter."
Finally, last Friday from the show prep service we get had a story about a guy who was in a sports bar somewhere in Illinois. He smashed up a photo that was behind the bar of A.C. Slater, a.k.a Mario Lopez from "Saved by the Bell." He told the police his reason for doing it was, "I just don't like Slater!" I'm making that my new mantra in life. If I do or say anything either positive or negative for any reason, my reply might just be, "I just don't like Slater!" Leccese out.


No comments: