Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Brunch thoughts and some other stuff

Hi there. Sunday morning and I'm just biding time til my one hour of watching Bristol Tech at 9am.
As for Wild Card weekend in the NFL. I didn't watch either game yesterday. The results. Nobody and I mean nobody saw that coming. O.K, a lot of people thought the Jets would beat the Colts. How it happened? Nick Folk out Vinatieried Adam Vinatieri and kicked a game winning field goal as time ran out. Now for the Seahawks. Look, no matter how bad your record is if you win the division you play in, you're entitled to be in the play-offs. How did Seattle put up 41 on the Saints with no running game? Next weekend will be a different story. Seeing Pete Carroll on the sideline with a smile on his face after leaving So Cal and claiming he knew nothing of the violations and the Reggie Bush fiasco while in charge just rubbed me the wrong way. Sure you didn't know anything, Pete? You get a hefty pay raise to bolt to the NFL while the Trojans are put on probation. It was like in the 80's during Iran/Contra and George Bush claimed he didn't know what President Reagan was doing. You were the Vice President, how could you not know something went on!
Kind of ironic that Queensbury High cancelled it's Nordic Invitational ski race in advance because of a lack of snow and a day before the event was to take place, 12 inches of the white stuff fell on the area.
If the snow that we got was the heavy, moisture laden, wet type. I wouldn't have been shoveling.
I am this close to getting back on a treadmill. I miss being at the gym and taking Pump and Combat classes. The back is getting and feeling better and I only have to go for treatment at the chiropractor only once a week. 5 years ago I was there 3 times a week for 3 months. I was that messed up and out of alignment.
Only in golf can a viewer who is watching a Tour event on TV call the network, point out a rules violation and get a golfer disqualified? I love would to be able to do that in other sports. I would be so watching the NBA every night and calling David Stern every 30 seconds.
I am so behind on "How I Met Your Mother" and "Big Bang Theory" watching this year.
Haven't seen him in a while, but there he was, "The Man" Anthony Bourdain on Top Chef All-Stars as a judge. Him and Tom Colicchio are two of the coolest guys around.
So the folks are home and Mom is doing some cleaning. Her dining room table looks like a bomb was dropped on it and left all this debris. It's the least of her worries she says.
Phantoms goalie Brian Stewart wins 3 straight games, wins player of the week and gets rewarded by being sent to Bakersfield of the ECHL.
Retiring Phlex and installment of video boards are the least of the teams worries. Ticket pricing, the sound system, continued locker room improvements and a lack prospects in the junior and college ranks who could develop into viable pros at the NHL level would be my top concerns if I were the Brooks group.
Who'd a thought that both the hottest pro coaching and playing prospect came from that football factory known as Stanford! So Cal and the entire SEC and Big 10 conferences must be having heart palpitations right now.
Between seeing the Eric LeGrand interview and Andrew Luck's decision to stay in school it made me believe that there are still some good things about big time Division 1 college athletics. Maybe like all good news stories, we don't see or hear enough of them
Finally, Cloutier goes out to Vegas this week and what was going on out there. Both the Consumer Electronics Show and the Adult Entertainment Expo. Pete still found the time to sit front of slots machine and play. I never knew he had that type of stamina...Leccese out.

No comments: