Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bracketology time!

Hi there.
Well it has arrived. That magical time of year known as the NCAA Division 1 Mens Basketball Tournament. I'll give you my Final Four predictions right off the bat and heeeere they are: Duke, Kentucky, Pittsburgh and Notre Dame. Sorry Jimmer fans, I see the BYU Cougars losing to Pitt in the Southeast Region final. As for a couple of Cinderella or mid-major teams who could make a dent in the plans of some uber conference teams; I'll throw out 2 to watch for. Richmond and Utah State.
Unless you win your conference tournament, I don't care how tough a schedule you play or what conference you come from. If you have at least 10 losses you don't deserve an at large bid. Understand that Michigan State, Tennessee, Marquette, Illinois, Penn State and that includes you too Michigan.
I'm going to have a hard time getting used to seeing Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith as studio hosts.
My favorite announcers to listen to while watching the tournament are Sean McDonough and Bill Rafferty.
I have to ask, who at the NCAA came up with the dumb idea a few years back to have all the basketball courts at the tournament venues look the same? Sort of boring and drab looking to me.
Now for a couple of non tournament thoughts. With the high school sports season on WWSC having come to a close, I want to thank all the athletic directors and coaches at the high schools we cover for putting up with me and John for another year. Your kindness and co-operation in helping us put a good product out over the air is invaluable. I hope you also understand we truly like coming to your school and broadcasting the games
My favorite one of those credit card commercials with the vikings is the one where they go to New Orleans. The goat with the sunglasses singing is fall off the couch funny. Even better than the Las Vegas one.
Finally, here's the real reason I joined Facebook. Very simply, shameless, self-promotion! It's all about me! Getting the word out on the WCKM and Hits 95 Nine pages about where and when the next high school football, basketball, or hockey game on WWSC would be. I also wanted to get the word out letting you readers know that I wrote a new edition of this blog or places I will be on location at.
Don't forget Bowl for Kids Sake Sunday in S.Glens Falls at 12:30pm...Leccese out.

No comments: