Sunday, March 6, 2011

45 going on 75

Hi there.
As we get older, our body tends to not work like it did when we were younger and I am starting to believe its true. For example, my back is like a piece of Fillet Mignon steak, very tender. I've had problems with it off and on for more than 20 years now. Well Thursday was a day I wish I could have been shot. I don't know what I did to it, but whatever it was it wasn't good. Between that and the sinus infection, I was one seriously hurting individual. My 67 year old father looked and felt younger than I did. I could barely walk and the coughing and blowing my nose didn't help the cause either. You know you're in pain when moving your foot to press the gas pedal or brake causes anguish. It didn't help that I had a 100 mile round trip drive to drop my Dad off at the airport in Albany.
I've spent most of my spare time at home on my stomach with an ice pack to my back. I've turned the corner and the treatments and the occasional Advil have helped the healing process. Somehow I was walking normally and managed to do the hockey game we had Saturday night unscathed and actually felt pretty good afterward. At least I had a voice. My partner JP couldn't make the broadcast. I guess someone likes me after all.
Speaking of that hockey game, I had a feeling Queensbury would win when it was 2-0 at the end of the first period. Kevin Valenti's first goal was thing of beauty. One more thing, I have a ton of respect for those play by play guys who broadcast minor league games. They have 18 minutes to kill between periods. The average in high school is about 10 to 12. When the ice re-surfacer was having troubles in between the first and second periods, I had to use all my games notes and my knowledge of those machines to describe the problem and get through an extended break in the action.
I applaud BYU for their decision to suspend Brandon Davies from the basketball team. I was considering going to out to Provo thinking I might have a year of eligibility left and try out as a walk on, however it was pointed out to me that I drink tea so I'm in same boat Mr.Davies was in. More colleges should have honor codes like that.
Is it that hard to figure out how to distribute 9 BILLION DOLLARS Roger Goodell and DeMaurice Smith? Come on guys don't screw this one up. Get the deal done now!
Last Year it was Tom Hanks with Bosom Buddies and this year it will be John Travolta appearing at this years TVLand Awards with the cast of "Welcome Back, Kotter." That's totally cool.
This weeks sign of the apocalypse. I joined Facebook. I know I said I wouldn't, but I needed to as way to promote what I do and what we do on the radio station. I wanted to post stuff on the CKM Facebook page and the only way I can do it is if I had a page of my own and was made an administrator.
Get well soon Serena Williams. Tennis needs you.
Seeing Mark Roth who has been recovering from a stroke he suffered a few years back really depressed me. He will always be my favorite pro bowler of all time.
Have you noticed the Phantoms have won their last 3 games at home. By coincidence I haven't been to the last 3 Phantoms home games.
There's some great kids out there and a bunch of them raised over 326 thousand dollars at the South Glens Falls dance marathon this past weekend.
Getting close to planting those eggplant and pepper seeds and spring is officially two weeks away...Leccese out.

No comments: