Sunday, August 7, 2011

Another milestone in the history of, "The Greenhouse Effect"

Hi there.  On February 21st 2008, "The Greenhouse Effect" was launched on wckm.com along with 3 other blogs from the other on air staff members.  Well 3 1/2 years and 249 entries later; we're still here and the only one left.  Here it is folks, the 250th edition of,"The Greenhouse Effect."
When the idea of the blogs were first run by us, I was reluctant.  My mind was changed by Dan and Mike.  They said that it could be funny and serious at same time.  Write it like a stand up monologue that you might perform on stage they told me and that's what I try to do.
In writing an edition, what I do is take notes during the week and then Sunday or Monday just sit in front of the lap top with those notes and type away.  I'm also constantly editing spelling mistakes and grammatical errors after an entry has been published.
In looking back over the previous 249 editions, I've shared my many likes and dislikes. First up are the likes.  Anthony Bourdain, Guinness beer, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, and I have a crush on woman named Lisa Roberston whose job it is to sell jewelry, fashion and beauty products on one of the home shopping networks.  The two sports teams that I root for that seem to drive me nuts the most in entries are the Mets and Rutgers football.
Now for the dislikes.  Sports agents, the NBA and its stars in general, Tiger Woods, the growing national debt and topping the list is Citi Field.
I have written  many times about my passion for gardening, cooking, stand up comedy and commenting on the absurd in a humorous way in the mold of the late George Carlin, Dennis Leary, and more recently Bill Maher.
My favorite writers are Mike Lupica and Mitch Albom.
I like people or movie characters who display a certain amount of cockiness and arrogance to them.
I think that when ESPN does a 30 for 30 film series movie, or HBO does a sports documentary; its a must watch. 
I'm a Travel Channel and Food Network junkie.
I've reminisced about Monmouth County New Jersey where I grew up.  It was the best of both worlds.  There was the shore to the east and if you headed west inland a bunch of corn and horse farms and a wonderful place called Delicious Orchards on route 34 in a town called Colts Neck.
I have a small, amazing group of friends whom I wouldn't trade for the world.  I trust them with my life  However, I don't trust them when it comes to setting me up on a date.  I've discovered over time that when it comes to what traits you would like in a female companion and who your friends or family members think you should be with, you're on completely different pages.  I shouldn't admit this, but they are probably right and more realistic about who I should be with too and on more than one occasion I've had someone say what I want doesn't exist or they're totally out of my league.
I really would like to have a steady girlfriend, but it's complicated.
I never thought I would be on Facebook, but I gave in, joined and I kind of like it.
Mom, people really do read, "The Greenhouse Effect." On more than one occasion she has asked, "Does anyone actually read your blog?"  Yes they do.  Commenting on entries, is a different story.  In the 249 previous editions ,I have had a total of 8 comments from readers. I love hearing from you guys, so don't be afraid to comment.
In a future edition, Dan Miner is going ghost write it and I'm giving him the total freedom to write whatever he pleases.
I pick on Pete Cloutier often, but I consider Pete to be the crazy uncle that every family has that drives us nuts at times; but we love him at the same time because of that.
Finally, thanks to all the loyal readers who once or twice a week take a moment to look over, "The Greenhouse Effect."  I look forward to writing it and already the notes for edition number 251 have been jotted down on the note pad and will be coming your way soon during the middle of the week.  250 entries, not a bad run and to quote Bourdain, "And I'm hungry for more."...Leccese out. 

No comments: