Friday, January 13, 2012

I am becoming Sheldon Cooper after all

Hi there.  Well here we are and winter has finally arrived in our glorious tri-county area.  Not much going on, but we do have some things to talk about.
First off NFL picks where on wild card weekend I went 2 for 4.  Wins for the Giants and Saints, and losses on the Steelers and Bengals.  Two observations from last weekends games.  The Steelers looked like an old, beat up football team against the Broncos who can play some serious defense.  The other one I have is for the first time in the two year history of the new Meadowlands stadium, Giants fans finally made the place feel like the old one that was across the parking lot where Lawrence Taylor, Simms, Parcells and Co. would make opposing teams lives miserable come December and January.
As for this weeks picks.  Niners, Ravens, Patriots, and although my heart says go with the Giants, my head says take the Packers and that's my pick...The Packers
Maybe you've heard of the Sports Illustrated cover jinx or the Madden football video game cover jinx,  Could there be a Post Star article curse?  Well where I live in Chestertown they might believe it.  Some nice articles have been written about the recent success of both the boys and girls basketball teams at North Warren.  The Cougars boys team lost a couple of games and the girls team has been hit with the injury bug and have to play unbeaten Argyle tonight.  The WWSC curse only seem to affect free throw shooters.  We'll mention during the broadcast that a person or team hasn't missed a free throw and bazinga!  Brick layer!
In our show prep there was a story of how some parents are upset with General Mills for coming out with Multi-Grain Peanut Butter Cheerios.  With all the sugar loaded cereals out there, aren't their other cereals to boycott.  We are talking Cheerios here.  I don't ever remember Honey Nut Cheerios being boycotted.  I just finished a box of the Peanut Butter ones and they are good.
This weeks sign of the apocalypse.  Hostess Company has declared bankruptcy.  I didn't think cutting back on my Twinkee, Ho-Ho, and Suzie Q intake would cause that much financial trouble.  My apologies.
So I go into the new coffee shop that is a couple of steps down from the radio station to buy a chocolate chip cookie.  Great place, you should stop in and try it by the way.  Back to the story.  I look up from staring into the display case and I see one of the fitness instructors from Core sitting at one of the tables there.  Make a nice little wave.  Awkward moment to say the least.   I might have to do some extra crunches or push ups to wipe away the guilt.
If J-Woww does Dancing with the Stars, I may have to watch.  On second thought, no.
The more and more I watch , "The Big Bang Theory" I'm discovering that I truly am Sheldon Cooper after all.  I have a couple of female friends who could fit the Penny bill.  Still looking for the, "Amy."  I hate when Dan Miner and John Pratt are right...Leccese out.

1 comment:

William Green said...

Enjoyed reading Ken. Love the Big Bang too. Good luck with the extra work-outs.

Will