Monday, February 27, 2012

I didn't watch the Academy Awards show. Did you?

Hi there.  So what film did win best picture at the Academy Awards?  90 percent of the movie watching public probably didn't see it or only saw the name on the marquee at the multi-plex and thought, "I don't think so."
One thing I did hear about the was the latest stunt by Sacha Baron Cohen who surprized Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet in his latest character, "The Dictator."  Personally I think Seacrest should have kicked his a-- after trying that.  I don't what to make of Cohen.  Is he a brilliant comic actor with his characters like Ali G, Borat and Bruno or just plain pathetic?  He was good in Talledega Nights though. 
If I could trade places with one person for one day it would have to be George Clooney just to say Stacey Keibler was my girl friend for 24 hours.
Been watching "The Princess Bride" on tv a lot lately and I've re-discovered it was one really funny movie that had a hell of a cast. 
As of today, The Greenhouse Effect is officially a Jeremy Lin free zone after Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream had the P.C. police swat team come after them for making a frozen yogurt flavor near Harvard U. called, "Taste the Lin-sanity."  It's vanilla with lychee honey and pieces of fortune cookies.  So not to offend, they've removed the cookie pieces and put in waffle cone chunks.  That sinus infection I've been battling just took a turn for the worse with that one.
So IVillage asked women what celebrity they would leave their husband for, and a surprizing 3 percent said Jason Segal.  We're talking about Marshall from "How I met your Mother" here!  He's admitted to having a room in his home devoted to his love of puppets and he also co-wrote the Muppett Movie that was in theathers last year.
One of the good things about getting 9 or 10 seed catalogs is that at least one of them had the variety of eggplant that I like and want to grow this year.
I'm watching "Outside the Lines" on Bristol Tech yesterday and they had a story on Reggie Rogers a former Detroit Lion who has been charged with DWI 6 times.  When are they finally gonna lock this guy up and throw away the key!
Even though I'm enjoying the New York Rangers season so far, I think coach John Tortorella needs to lighten up and try the decaf.
Last Tuesday I was up in Chestertown to broadcast a sectional basketball game on WWSC and it was so great to see the North Warren Central School packed with fans for both the girls and boys games.  What was even better was the fans who watched the girls play first, stayed for the boys.
The crowd at the Civic Center for Saturday's Section 2 hockey championship game proves two things. Number 1, that Glens Falls/Queensbury hockey is the best rivalry game in any high school sport in the area right now, and 2, the Civic Center has always been a great place to watch a hockey game. 
Sending some "freak" love out to the people where I work out at Core...Leccese out.

No comments: