Monday, February 6, 2012

Post Superbowl and other thoughts

Hi there.  Here I am on the eve of another birthday (I turn XLVI Tuesday if you want to know)  and its been another one of those quiet weeks with not a lot that stuck out or caught my attention enough to make note of it.
As for the Super Bowl, it was a great game and I'm thrilled that the Giants won.  No over analysis on who coulda, shoulda, or who didn't do what they were supposed to do.  Eli Manning made one more big play than Tom Brady did; and when they had to, the Giants D made sure the field stayed just a little too long for Brady to make a comeback.
I didn't actually watch the game.  NBC's coverge was and is awful to begin with.  Enough of Dan Patrick, Bob Costas, Al Michaels and Cris Collingsworth.  The theme with Faith Hill makes me want to sit in a corner while sucking my thumb in the fetal position.  I listened to WFAN's broadcast with Bob Papa and Carl Banks.  I didn't see any of the commercials or Madonna's halftime show with M.I.A and her flashing the "We're number 1!" sign to the camera with her middle finger. 
I did see the Matthew Broderick commercial for Honda.  It would have been better a better ad if Matthew had been driving in a S2000 sports car that he borrowed from Alan Ruck instead of a SUV.   Ferris Bueller going through a mid life crisis.
HBO has done it again.  Their latest sports documentary on Joe Namath is brilliant.  It talks about this guy from Beaver Falls Pennsylvania who goes on to star for Bear Bryant at Alabama, plays for the Jets becomes "Broadway Joe" and was a matinee idol during his time.  He also didn't duck the Suzy Kolber, "give me a kiss" incident; or his involvement in a night club he  co-owned called, "Bachelors 3."  Must watch for sports fans.
I get the impression my sister wants me to give up the radio gig.  I think she either wants me to move down to South Carolina and open up one of those food trucks you see everywhere or open a restaurant that features American takes on classic Italian dishes.  I'll tell you what I'm getting as a birthday present from her little clan in the next entry.
Normally when it comes to canned soup or entrees I sort draw the line since I'm a highly talented home cook and I can make it better myself.  I am giving props to Campbells Slow Kettle style Burgundy Beef Stew.  It wasn't half bad.  In fact, it was actually delicious.  I would buy and try it again.
Last in this weeks entry is my secret crush made it to the top of the list.  In the recent askmen.com survey Sofia Vergara was number 1 on the list of most desirable women for 2012.  Chalk up one for me. Hope Lisa Robertson doesn't get jealous, LOL.  One of the good things about being single and not in a relationship or married is I can write these things and not have to worry about the consequences...Leccese out.

No comments: