Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Random thoughts on this first day of Spring

Hi there.  So here we are enjoying the end of a relatively mild winter with mid 70's and low 80's temperatures for the first few days of spring.  Why do I have this uneasy feeling that either April, May or June will end up with below average temperatures and nothing but rain and clouds. 
I haven't been tempted to play golf or even think about planting lettuce yet.  I just started my eggplant and pepper seeds inside and in another week of two I figure out what tomatoes will make the cut.  I already know at least 3 that have.  It's the other 3 that are undecided plus of course 1 or 2 more from different sources that find their way into the mix so I'll have the usual 8 tomato plants. Trust me, I have plenty of friends here at the radio station and at Core who will gladly take the extras off my hands come harvest time.LOL.
On to other things.  I tune into the Devils/Rangers game last night and the first three seconds brought back memories of the Icehawks with that line brawl that occured as soon as the puck dropped. 
By now you know I'm a fan of How I Met You Mother,  well I think its time to end the show.  It's reached its "Jump the Shark" episode point.  Please tell us who she is and then show Bob Saget finishing the narration to end it all.
Rosie O'Donnell's new talk show got cancelled?  I didn't even know she was back on tv in the first place.  I guess I didn't miss much, huh?
This weeks sign of the apocalyse is a four way tie between ABC who wants to make Home Alone 5!  Mike Tyson who wants bring his one person show to Broadway; (Mike Tyson is doing theater?)  The fact that another Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Movie is in the works; and that a movie is also in the works based on the Garbage Patch Kids trading cards.
Mets' ownership settled up with the trustee of the victims of the Bernie Madoff ponzi scheme and will only have to pony up about 162 million dollars.  I actually like Fred Wilpon and his not so bright son Jeff.  They seem like nice folks, but they built Citi Field and you know how much I love that place...NOT!  Oops, had a sarcasm lapse again.  Sorry about that.
As for the NCAA's, it had some great drama and some nice early round stories.  Look we all loved the wins by Lehigh and Norfolk State allthough it screwed up many a persons brackets.
I just don't get why all the courts at the arenas where they are playing the games now look the same.  Sort of boring if you ask me.
Congrats to Union College for winning the ECAC hockey championship last weekend.
O.K. so I decide to wear dress shoes instead of sneakers to the office today and people think something is up?  At least I didn't wear white socks.  I knew better.
Finally, Bowl for Kids is this Sunday at Spare time in South Glens Falls and I need donations!  You can make one by going to www.creatingmagic.org/bfks/wckmwcql and you can click on my name and it will take you to my page and help me raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Southern Adirondacks.  Enjoy the nice weather...Leccese out!

No comments: