Friday, April 13, 2012

Some people get chocolate in their Easter basket, I got honey

Hi there.  Hope everyone had a nice Easter.  If you look at the title of this weeks entry, I indeed got honey in my Easter basket instead of chocolate.  The 4 pack of Reese's peanut butter cups don't count, LOL.  Not just any honey, but being the foodie/gourmet snob that I've become it was a local honey from South Carolina that is produced not far from the southern fortress of solitude on Fripp Island.    Good stuff, especially the Sweet Melon.  I've ordered it online and had it mailed here.
Really not a lot to talk about these past 2 weeks.  Nothing that has said, "You've got to be kidding me!"
First the Masters.  I know getting a hole in one is tough, but a double eagle!  How do you react to that?  Stunned disbelief is my guess.  Bubba Watson made an incredible shot on that second play-off hole and deserved to win.  So Eldrick (a.k.a Tiger) Woods threw a little temper tantrum after a bad shot.  We've all done it once.  He said he wanted to connect with his fans better and there's no better way than acting like us duffers by kicking a club.  I've seen worse.
O.K. its time to play, "You make the call!"  Who was the bigger dumb a--.  Ozzie Guillen for his comments about the Cuban dictator who he has admitted to admire on more than one occasion (when you coach in Miami its not good to alienate your fan base, many of whom escaped that dictator's tyranny that way) or former Arkansas football coach Bobby Petrino who went on a little motorcycle ride without a helmet and with a 25 year old female who he was cheating on his wife with and had an accident.   He also lied to his AD about who she was.
Every once in a while even the Mets don't screw something up and the opening day tribute to the late Gary Carter was one of those times.  It was even more special to have his wife and kids throw out the first pitch.
It figures.  One of my two secret crushes, Sofia Vergara guest hosts Saturday Night Live last weekend and I go to bed at 10pm.  Why do I always miss the good stuff like that?  Total bummer.
No politician male or female should make any comments denouncing stay at home Moms.  My Dad wouldn't be half the success he was if it wasn't for my Mom watching me and my sister and taking care of all the other stuff so he wouldn't be distracted.  She also does a nice a job picking out his clothes.
The garden is looking good.  Hopefully next week I'll get the salad mix seeds planted outside and start the process of doing the raised beds and getting my patio ready for another addition.  Some people grow a tomato plant or herbs on their patio.  Me, I grow eggplant, peppers, lettuce, potatoes (you read right, potatoes!) and this year a compact blueberry bush that I saw in the coupon insert you get in the Sunday paper.  Yet there is still plenty of room for a few chairs and my barbecue grill.
With the PGA Tour in Hilton Head SC this weekend, the urge to start playing golf has officially begun.  I might just clean the clubs and swing them a few times just to get ready.  Head to the driving range, hit a few ball and get loose and be course ready.  Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: