Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Don't forget my Russell Stover coconut nests, Easter Bunny!

Hi there.  So here we are on the eve of another Easter and my thoughts turn to my childhood growing up with pet rabbits.  I used tell my sisters' little friends that the reason we got them was that we were chosen by the Easter Bunny to take care of his helpers.  My best friend growing up Ricky DiBiase would also be in on the joke. 
On to other things.  The first one comes from WFAN's Tony Paige when he said.  It's an annual right of Spring.  Birds chirping, Major League Baseball's regular season is starting, and Keith Olbermann gets fired again.  Funny stuff.
Last week I talked about how I wanted the total package when it comes to meeting a female companion.  Looks and the intelligence to go with them.  Well Kate Winslet just jumped a few spots higher up on my list with her revelation that when she hears the theme from Titanic, "My Heart Will Go On" it makes her feel like throwing up and that she hates the song.  I couldn't agree more, but any Celine Dion song makes me want head to the porcelain throne and drop my head in and let it all come out.
Since I don't watch award shows and I don't like country music, I didn't catch it, but did they really perform a live wedding ceremony during the ACM Awards Sunday night and did Martina McBride and Pat Monahan from Train really perform a duet of the Train song, "Marry Me"? 
Normally that would have made "This Weeks sign of the Apocalypse!" but we've got not one but two of them this week.  The first comes from a visit to a local drug store where on the shelf that had "The stuff that you see on tv infomercials" comes the "Justin Beiber singing toothbrush!"  A must for all teenage girls everywhere.  The second comes from my friend Ann Marie who posted a photo of this stuff she saw in a local dollar store.  Larry the Cable Guy food products!   Mac and cheese, hamburger helper type complete dinners and even some fried or baked chicken coating product.  First he hosts a show on the History Channel and now his own line of food products.  I don't care what anybody says, that's funny stuff!  Git R done!
So Kentucky wins the NCAA Men's basketball championship and they riot in the streets of Lexington after the victory.  Can you imagine what it would have been like if the Wildcats had lost?!  I'm thinking Vancouver after the Canucks lost to the Bruins in last years' Stanley Cup final or what those soccer hooligans over in England do after a loss in any international competition.
It's time to get behind a really good hockey team folks.  The Union College Dutchmen who will making their first ever appearance in the Frozen Four Thursday at that hockey hotbed known  as Tampa Florida!
I watched one the Yankees/Marlins exhibition game played at the new ballpark in Miami and it makes me even more depressed that for 600 million dollars they were able to build a modern looking, retractable roof stadium, while for 700 million my Mets built CitiField.  Opening day is 2 days away and I'm in mid season CitiField hating form already.
Had a Belgian Tripel at Davidson's Sunday with some friends from Core.  I was in a very happy place sipping my favorite beer that afternoon.
Enjoy your Easter and don't forget my Russell Stover Coconut Nests Easter Bunny!..Leccese out.

No comments: