Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 can't end soon enough for me

Hi there.  Hope you're enjoying the holiday as we head into a new year and all I can say is 2012 can't end soon enough for me.  Not enough Mt Everest highs and too many Death Valley lows. One of my closest friends all of sudden doesn't like me any more and it stung. This year became so much of a re-evaluation.  Making changes in my personality.  Honestly, I am heading into 2013 with more uncertainty about myself and who I am. Maybe I'm in a midlife crisis, I can't figure this one out.
As for resolutions, I'm not making them this year.  O.K. I'm gonna make one.  When I go to a restaurant, I'll will actually on more occasions try to sit down and eat in the place instead of getting take out.  I also resolve to finally make it into Massie's for dinner one night.
Christmas was quietly spent with the folks and Meow my cat.   I really didn't want anything this year.  No new kitchen toy to expand my culinary horizons.  I'm not into personal electronic devices and I really had no pressing needs.  I've thought about buying an ice cream maker with a gift card I got.
On the home front, the high efficiency washer and dryer combo I have are no longer high efficient.  Bearings went on the washer.  It would cost around $600.00 to fix it and a new one goes for about $200.00 more.  Take a guess where I'm headed.
When it comes to cell phones, I have a complaint and it has nothing to do with service.  My cell phone is not a life line that I need to keep checking constantly. (That's what I have a laptop for, lol).  I put money in it every so often to keep the account active.  My cell phone is like the old fashioned pay phone we used to see everywhere.  Why can't Verizon or any other carrier offer up one those fancy with all the apps type I-phone, razors or any other model for someone like me.
A couple of NBA notes.  The "Flatbush Avenue Jay-Z's" a.k.a the Brooklyn Nets fired coach Avery Johnson the other day and it's a big deal because?  The other one is the Los Angeles Clippers have won 16 straight games!  Yes the Clippers.  I was listening to Bristol Tech radio the other day and the Clippers are still only third when it comes to the hearts of LA hoops fans behind the Lakers and the drama that follows the Lakers.  I loved that line.
As much as I wanted to see Phil Jackson come back and finish his basketball career as Knicks coach, after reading and learning more about Mike Woodson and his background playing for Bob Knight at Indiana and Red Holtzman when he was with the Knicks, I'm liking him more and more all the time.
Rick Majerus another coaching original we've lost too soon.  
Note Rutgers coach Kyle Flood.  I'm a firm believer in loyalty, but after the recent performances in the last 3 games, come spring practice time, the job for starting quarterback better be an open competition and Gary Nova hopefully isn't on the depth chart. Talk about choking big time. Give Chas Dodd or Mike Bimonte the chance to make it happen.
I don't think any great quarterback in NFL history would be successful with the lack of skill position talent the Jets had this year.  Even Jets fans couldn't name a receiver or running back on their roster.
I've been a Giants fans for 42 years now so it's come to the point where I expect the unexpected.  I've seen it all so nothing surprizes me anymore.
Finally in light of all the recent goings on with shootings of children and folks who protect us; weather related tragedies from hurricanes, tornadoes, and blizzards; and other downer things in the news, maybe we just need to relax, take a deep breath and think about something good for a change and let out some big laughs without someone being offended by it and have more fun as we head into the 2013...Leccese out.



No comments: