Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ice Cream and the Archies


Hi there.  So here we are are the verge of another Super Bowl week and already I've heard enough about the battle of the Harbaugh brothers and this Ray Lewis love fest by the media and his fellow players for a man who turned his life around after an incident where 2 men were  killed following a bar fight involving Lewis' friends and he wouldn't rat them out.  The crime hasn't been solved and Lewis plead guilty to a lesser charge and paid restitution to the victims families.  I think Lewis belongs in jail sharing a cell with O.J. Simpson, nearly 20 years after the murder of his wife Nicole and Ronald Goldman.  Remember O.J. was acquitted in the criminal trial (if that's what you want to call it).  Found guilty in the civil trial and is now doing time for charges that involve sports memorabilia, kidnapping, and armed robbery.
It's been 2 weeks of confessions.  First was Jodie Foster's impassioned speech at the Golden Globes.  Then Lance Armstrong fessed up to Oprah; and last but not least Manti Te'o on Katie Curic's daily hour you'll never get back, I need a bottle of extra strength Excedrin to make the throbbing from the migrane stop. The dark, silent room isn't helping cure the problem.
Here it is.  The first, This weeks sign of the apocalypse" for 2013!   First Fox network came out with "Stars in Danger! The High Dive." Now ABC is following that lead with, "Celebrity Diving."  The cast includes Louie Anderson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Kendra Wilkinson, Keisha Knight-Pulliam who was Rudy Huxtable, and Katherine Webb who's 15 minutes of fame should have been up after Brent Musburger complimented her looks during the Alabama/Notre Dame game.  Just rip all my finger and toe nails out now.  It would be less painful to watch and endure.
My favorite story of the week came from California where voice actor Peter Robbins was arrested for stalking.  Who is Peter Robbins you ask?  He was the first voice of Charlie Brown.  The little red haired girl finally had enough I guess.  Coming soon it's, "The court orders you to stay at least 500 feet away from the little red haired girl, Charlie Brown."  If you can come up with a better and funnier title, leave it in the comments file.  Love to know what you've come up with.
I've decided to boycott the NHL this year.  No fantasy league, no watching games on tv.  All my NHL loving friends have a problem with Gary Bettman which I can understand and I feel their pain. My gripe is with Donald Fehr and, well, you know I feel about this bridge troll.
I want PJ Carlisimo to succeed as Nets coach.  A coaching lifer who should have never left Seton Hall.  The Pirates haven't been the same since he left.
My Archie's animation cel and ice cream maker arrived on the same day.  I was in heaven.  The cel has been framed and the ice cream maker has been baptized.  I've made vanilla and chocolate and now the fun starts.  Getting my Ben and Jerry's mojo going and creating flavor combos.  I'm up to 6 now.  I have no plans of doing a Cherry Garcia like tribute to Huey Lewis by creating a flavor in honor of my favorite band.
One high school sports note.  After seeing Joey Lufkin of Argyle score 47 points against Lake George, the kid is legit.  He's averaging 36 points a game on the year and is the most exciting player I've seen since that Glens Falls kid named Jimmer who is in the NBA. If he were only 6 inches taller, the D1 schools would be lining up to get him.  Siena or UAllbany could use him  now...Leccese out.

No comments: