Sunday, August 18, 2013

Another summer has gone by and I forgot to enjoy it again

Hi there.  My body clock is technically still on Morning Club time after filling in for Dan this past week, so I'm writing this entry just after 5am EDT.  I remember when I first wanted to be in radio.  My goal was to be a program director and host one of those politically incorrect, irreverent, satirical morning shows.  Doing voices and mocking people who do absurd and stupid things.  I am a morning person.   Just not getting up at 3:30am morning person.  
One thing I must bring up.  Please don't get upset when we tease or mock each other on the air.  We love each other like family.  We don't mean it.   I purposely tried to not to pick on Pete this past week.   I know he has a strong loyal following of fans who post on the WCKM facebook page when we do.  The other night Lee Pecue actually was scolded by a listener who said to stop picking on me because I don't have a girlfriend.  It wasn't him, it was Mike who said something and it really did happen.  A person who was running for political office came into record a campaign spot.  The person asked me if I was single and that person said they could set me up.  Look I'm the king of self depreciating humor.   I'm 47 years old, never married and I can count on one hand the number of serious relationships I've been in.  Does it bother me at times?  Of course its does.  It's frustrating because I wouldn't mind being in a dating relationship.  I also believe that the marriage between a man and woman who love each other unconditionally (except for the pre-nup agreement, lol) is a wonderful thing. I admit I'm also way too picky and I could be married or dating if I lowered my standards.
On to other thngs
The late George Steinbrenner used to say how important it was to always to have the headline  on the back page in the sports section of the newspaper.  This whole Alex Rodriguez/Bio-Genesis mess scandal whatever you want to call it is not what I think "The Boss" had in mind when he said that.
VH1 used to have this show on called, " The Best Week Ever."  Alfonso Soriano is having one of those weeks.  5 home runs and 18 RBI's in 5 games with back to back 7 RBI games against the Angels.
In their last 50 games the Dodgers are 42- 8 with an .840 winning percentage.  Can't do much better than that.
Is there anyone out there who really thinks the Jaguars new uni look with the two colored matte finished helmet is good looking?  I didn't think so.  
We had a jail break at my home.  The cat got out a week ago Thursday night and turned me into a nervous wreck.  I was worried sick she wouldn't come back.  But around 5am the next morning there she was after her little excursion waiting at the front door.  I opened it up and in she came acting like nothing happened and she just forgot her key to let herself in.
Garden has been real good. I just wish "The Big Three," a.k.a tomatoes, eggplant and peppers weren't so late this year.  Green beans have done well and there have been a bumper crop of cucumbers, zucchini and yellow squash.  Potatoes we'll see.  I promised that I wouldn't harvest them til September 8th which is the day after the first football game we do on WWSC.
Finally, the process starts all over again.  The start of football practice and unofficially summer comes to an end for me.  I've missed it again   No trip watch the races at Saratoga.  That planned over night trip to the Jersey Shore to Monmouth Park, Delicious Orchards, and the towns where I grew up or the minor league baseball games I wanted to see Time to read six newspapers a day.  In about a week I'll be making the rounds of the local high schools watching practices and talking to coaches.  Then there are the scrimmages and media day labor day weekend.  Before you know it, I'll be calling athletic directors and having rosters sent over so I can type them up.  Three weeks til the opener at Glens Falls High. ..Leccese out.

No comments: