Sunday, September 1, 2013

The fear of being, "That Guy" again

Hi there.  My lack of a summer which went by a like a blur has fortunately finally come to an end.  No more vacations, staff changes, and medical leaves for various ailments here at the radio ranch.  We're back to full strength and I now can concentrate on high school sports and calling games.  Last week I talked about the numbers game and how it hit Salem.   This week it hit again, only harder.  Fort Edward forfeiting its first game and cancelling its scrimmage due to low numbers.  Warrensburg having only 20 for its scrimmage due to players not having the required 11 practices needed to scrimmage.  Hoosic Valley's football season on life support after the school board held a special meeting to possibly cancel the season because even though they had 29 kids on the roster, they were worried about 9th graders playing against upper class men.  Their season was luckily spared.  Here's the future of small school 11 man football in our area.  It's called combined school squads!  Get used to it.  I read an article in one of the capital district newspapers and it talked about that topic and when I saw Maple Grove from Section 6 among the many in that area now in a combined situation, my jaw hit the floor. 
So Johnny "Football" Manziel got only a 1/2 game suspension for his autograph signings.  The NCAA is one messed up organization who's leadership is like a rudderless ship.  My take on Johnny "Football" is he's nothing more than a spoiled rich kid who thinks he can do whatever he wants and doesn't care and will run off in a tantrum and take the ball with him if he's upset and doesn't get his way.  I really think his parents didn't punish him enough when he grew up.  
I think Sandy Alderson should sign up to be one of those UFC or MMA fighters after the two blows he gave us Mets fans earlier this week.  First Matt Harvey most likely is headed down to Dr. James Andrews and Tommy John surgery on his pitching elbow; and the trade of Marlon Byrd and John Buck to off all teams the Pirates.
When the Pittsburgh Pirates are active at the waiver trade deadline and to acquire players to make that play-off push its a good thing for baseball.  I hope the Pirates make it so every one who has never seen it will discover what I already know.  PNC Park is most beautiful of the new "retro, throwback" ballparks in MLB hands down!
Don't blink!  You've might have missed Fresno State's offense run 3 plays in the time it takes you to read this sentence.  I stayed up til 2:45am to watch them and Rutgers play Thursday night into Friday morning.  Hawaii was finished with their home game with USC before that 52 - 51 OT final actually ended.
I have to bring this up.  The VMA's and Miley Cyrus' ummmm "so-called" performance.  What did you expect? Hannah Montana finally admitting her secret identity?  The VMA's are hands down the undefeated world champion of shock value performances.  Howard Stern as, "Fart Man."  The kiss between Madonna and Brittney Spears.  The list goes on and on.  What caught my attention was the French duo known as Daft Punk and the crazy helmet, cyber being type get ups.  Reminded me of the Styx video, "Mr Roboto."
I'm I the only one who finds Judah Freidlander and his "World Champion" hats and look frightening or disgusting.
Finally the middle aged never married, single male in me started contemplating this the other day and realized a possibility.  I'm becoming "that guy" again.  In high school and college I was the, "I like you but only as a friend" or "if we went out and broke up it would ruin our friendship" guy.  Now either I'm evolving into or have evolved into, "The single, nice, male friend who has no interest me sexually that I can count on when my husband or boyfriend isn't around" guy.  It's either depressing or I'm spending way too much time over analyzing things...Leccese out.




No comments: