Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lucas actually caught the football and other observations

Hi There. Before we get to Bearskin Bowl 4, we'll talk about the weekend that was. Upset specials tanked. Lost on both Army and Da Bears. Rutgers tanked. Giants tanked. I thought the Bills/Browns game was ugly, we had a repeat with the Jets/Bills. I'll repeat what I said to all the Jets fans who have anointed Mark Sanchez saint hood, rookie quarterbacks will stumble along the way and have bad games like that.
Then there was my latest attempt in the kitchen. I discovered that trying to make homemade cider donuts is hard! It was a total culinary disaster. I may try it again sometime. For now, I'll leave them to the experts at Hicks and Saratoga Apple.
First we had David Letterman, now Steve Phillips at Bristol Tech. I'll never understand why someone would want to cheat on their wife or husband. My dad said it best to me to one day. Be totally sure that he or she is the right one and get it right the first time.
Is the NBA sure they want to bring back its real officials? Look it won't make a difference who is making the calls. The officiating in the Association just plain sucks and is the worst of the 4 major sports. Oh and they've finally admitted that you can take 2 steps now before putting the ball on the floor and traveling maybe called.
Was the guy who created the hoax with the helium balloon in Colorado wearing purple sneakers waiting for aliens to come get him? His family actually appeared on Wife Swap. The dumbing down of America continues.
Finally onto the Bearskin Bowl. Thanks to everyone who showed up. The miracle occurred and Lucas (that would be me) caught a pass. Yeah it was for only 5 yards and a 2pt conversion, but I have to give Doug Duell all the credit. Everyone who went out for a pass caught one and he found us open. He spread the wealth. Would we have liked to have won of course, but that isn't the point of game. It's about raising money for a good cause and having fun doing it. What's next for Lucas and his mediocre athletic ability? Playing in the Lake George Booster Club basketball tournament just after the new year. Hopefully I'll score some baskets this year. I better start practicing so I'll be ready. New upset specials and other football previews Friday...Leccese out.

No comments: