Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rain, Rain go away and other thoughts from the mind of the Garden Boy

Hi There. I know usually I produce an entry Monday, but I needed a little extra time to think. First for the upset specials 1 for 2. Kansas fell short to Oklahoma, but the Bills had a big win over the Panthers. In other news, did I call it or what? Yankees in 6, Phillies in 5. Should be a great battle. Now for the World Series prediction. It goes 6 games. I'm leaving you hanging on who'll win. Bud Selig and his cronies should figure out some way that the World Series should begin earlier and not end on the 5th of November.
My cousin Andy Basso and his son Brent came up for the weekend. Checked out the Phantoms game Friday night and Brent competed in the Head of the Fish regatta in Saratoga Springs. Saturday was one of those cold, rainy days that seemed to last forever. It was too long a day. When I got home from the football game we did on WWSC it was about 5:30 and as soon as I got out of that long, hot shower, I fell asleep on the couch. I will say that Brent was a trooper. He's not a big hockey fan, and he had to put up with his cousin and Dad catching up during the game. I'm proud of that kid. He's a senior in high school, just became an eagle scout, and he wants to be a doctor.
Steve Phillips checked himself into rehab for a sexual addiction. Did he go to the Wilt Chamberlain Clinic? Is it some 12 step program or do you take high school health class over and they teach you about abstinence.
I'm not ashamed to admit this, but I watched "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" last night. I'm a hard core Peanuts fan and I'm fascinated with the life of Charles Schulz. My sister thinks I'm the real life Charlie Brown. (personally I'd like to think I'm Schroeder).
I thought I was an intelligent person who appreciates smart comedy. I'm having a hard time understanding "Community" and "The Office."
Who had it worse, the Oakland Raiders who lost to the Giants and Jets by a combined score of 79 to 7 this year or the Corinth Tomahawks, who in the past 2 years have lost to the Chatham Panthers by a combined score of 132 to 20.
This could only happen to the Clippers and maybe the Nets and Timberwolves. Blake Griffin the number one pick in the NBA draft is already out for 6 weeks with a broken knee cap. If it wasn't for bad luck, the Clippers would have no luck at all. I'm so excited the NBA is back... NOT!!!!!!!
Many Rangers' fans like myself are mourning the loss of Bill Chadwick, "The Big Whistle." Former NHL referee and color commentator for those Rangers broadcasts on Channel 9 with Jim Gordon I would watch as a kid. Good times and even better memories. Could I hop in the DeLorean and go back to some Saturday night about 34 years ago to see a Rangers/MapleLeafs game from the old MapleLeaf Gardens and watch The Big Whistle interview King Clancy? Dad please just let me stay up a little longer. I'll go to bed at the start of the third period, I promise.
I'm going as Billy Mays for Halloween this year. Upset specials on Friday...Leccese out.

No comments: