Monday, November 16, 2009

Just fix the stickin' bridge will ya please!

Hi There. Well another exciting weekend has past and it had drama, entertainment, laughter and a pinch of aggravation all rolled into one.
Let us begin with the aggravating part. Saturday night I go the Phantoms game, between the monsoon weather and parking behind the bar on South Street, I was about a minute late for opening face off. So I get to my seats and two women from out of town with a youth hockey group were there. I politely explained that they were in my seats asked them to move. One of them gave me this look like I was nuts and said, "Can't you sit somewhere else, there are other empty seats in this section." I said no. Look lady, what don't you understand? You're in a season ticket holders' seats! Get out! This woman looked like and sounded like one of those people you deal with on the phone from technical assistance to whom English is a second language.
Last night was totally f---in' awesome. I went to Proctors in Schenectady and saw the "The Man" Anthony Bourdain. It was part Louis Black HBO comedy special and part Q and A session rolled into one great event. It was 2 hours of observations, opinions, and stories from the road. Right off the bat he started in on Rachel Ray, Sandra Lee, other Food Network stars, chain restaurants, vegans, vegetarians, and the Food Network who by the way just bought the Travel Channel which his tv show happens to be on. No one or one topic was off limits. He answered every question asked of him. I was smart enough not to go up to the mic and ask one. I probably would have made a complete jack a-- out of myself going jojo monkey boy nervous like and screwing the question up. Tony if you want to sell out, start selling, "No Reservations" T-shirts. Since he brought up the topic last night, here's my take on Sandra and Rachel. Sandra Lee is a Martha Stewart wanna be who just happens to be one hot looking blonde. Giada is the brunette version. When it comes to Rachel, I've got to be careful what I write. To start, I know her brother and consider him a friend. She's given a lot back to this area with her annual show at Lake George High School. She has helped our charity auctions with donations, and gone on the air with Dan and Pete. Here goes. Rachel is that cute girl who lives next door with just a touch of tomboy. If you were one kid short for a backyard game, you'd ask her to play to even out the sides. She just happens to host both a talk and a cooking show. As someone who loves to cook and is always looking to improve my culinary skills, both Rachel's and Sandra's shows are too beginner for me. I like learning the advanced stuff and the actual technical terms that chefs use.
For this past weekends' upset specials. I went 2 for 2 . In the "How 'bout them Cowboys" weekend, Wyoming came back from 21 points down in the 4th quarter to beat San Diego State and the Packers knocked off Dallas on the Indian Summer tundra of Lambeau Field.
Finally, could both New York and Vermont please just get together and fix the Crown Point Bridge? Enough with the hemming and hawing and do something! Towns on both sides of the lake are suffering economically from the closure and not one but two states are doing nothing but sit with both thumbs up their buts making excuses and a solution hasn't happened...Leccese out

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No surprise Anthony mentioned "Cooking with Cleavage" Giada! Not a fan! Just cook for cripe's sake! Good blog..ya gotta new loyal reader!