Friday, November 6, 2009

Upset Specials and thuuuuuuh Yankees win

Hi There. Before we get to the upset specials an observation on the World Series. For all the folks who say the Yankees bought a title, you're right. However they are playing within the rules. Just like the players who did PED's during the late 90's and earlier this decade. There was nothing in the rules against it, but they're still called cheaters. The Yankees were the best team. Both the Yanks and Phils have problems with their bullpens. Heading into next year, the Yankees also have two of the same issues the Mets do. They need a left fielder and who should be playing behind the plate?
Now for the upset specials. For your college, I'm picking another big game this week and its in the SEC where the Crimson Tide of Alabama host the Bayou Bengals of LSU. Take LSU in this one. Now for the pro, there's not a lot calling my name saying, "pick me!" but I'm going back to well for a second time with the Tennessee Titans as they score an interconference win over the 49ers.
I'm looking forward to the Chargers/Giants game. There's only one L.T., LaDainian Tomlinson and Sunday you're playing in his house. His name was Lawrence Taylor. Hope the Giants fans remind him of that.
Manu Ginoboli swatted a bat that was buzzing fans and players at a recent Spurs game. He took shots for rabies afterwards and the mentally challenged at PETA are complaining that he committed animal cruelty. Get a life please! I'm thinking something right now, but I can't express it in this entry without the PC Police coming after me.
The Breeders Cup is this weekend and I'm going to watch some of it. The usual debate will take place over synthetic or natural main track surfaces. I prefer the natural stuff.
Lots of sectional finals taking place in high school sports and I'm not just talking about football. Soccer, field hockey, volleyball. Go and check some of it out and support the kids. Enjoy the weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: