Friday, December 11, 2009

Can Anybody Tell Me What Christmas is all about? Plus your upset specials.

Hi There. Lets get started with the upset specials. O.K. Last week 1 for 2. Rutgers lost, but the Cardinals won over Vikes and you know who. Now for this weeks upset special. In honor of the Seattle Seahawks wise decision to never wear those day-glow lime green third jerseys ever again, I'll take them to beat the Houston Texans.
If it wasn't for the Giants, all my favorite football teams that play and come from New Jersey would have lost in New Jersey. Rutgers lost to West Virginia at home. My high school Alma mater Middletown South also lost in the Central Jersey Group 3 championship game. At least the Giants came off life support for one week and beat the Cowboys.
If you don't believe that one player can make a difference, just ask the Steelers. They are not the same team when Troy Polamalu is not in the line-up. Think about the Giants last year after gun toting Plaxico Burress wore his piece tucked in a pair of sweat pants and it went off at that night club.
Well Brian Kelly did not take my advice and took the Notre Dame job instead of staying at Cincinnati. Good for the Bearcats higher ups who told Mr.Kelly to pack his things and don't let the door hit you on the way out. No coaching in the Sugar Bowl for you! Since I'm already 0 for 2 in what coaches and universities should do, I'll just concede that Randy Edsall will leave UConn to take the Kansas job and become the new coach of the Jayhawks.
One more item from college athletics. If you thought the Ivy League was the civilized conference. Think again. The President of Dartmouth had to apologize to the President of Harvard because their students were taunting the Crimson at a squash match. Yes, a squash match See what happens when the Grey Poupon runs out at the consession stands.
I forgot to mention this in Saturday's entry. Maybe the reason why we have so many security breeches and we can't find the terrorists and other criminals we're looking for is the fact we tell them what's going on, what we are doing, who we are looking for and how we are going to catch them. All they have to do is watch CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, or other media outlets on cable or satellite TV. Case in point. Tareq and Michaele Salahi. They're the Virginia socialite couple that crashed the Obama's first White House state dinner for the Indian Prime Minister. Got love those two, another happy couple looking for that 15 seconds of fame and they're really looking for it. They auditioned for the Real Housewives of D.C. They were recently found guilty of not paying their landscaper and also skipped out of paying a dinner bill at a restaurant in a DC hotel. This weeks sign of the apocalypse, Bluewater Productions is coming out with an Ellen DeGeneres comic book.
If you get the chance, check out Robin Williams' new HBO special, "Weapons of Self Destruction." I was laughing so hard, my ribs hurt. It is that funny.
The guy who filmed Bristol Tech's Erin Andrews through a peep hole may only get 5 years in jail plus a fine? His attorney says he's apologized to Ms. Andrews and should not face any jail time. Not only should they lock this perv up for a minimum 10 years, the lawyer should be disbarred for stupidity and taking the case to begin with.
Normally I stay away from writing about local politics, but I am really disappointed that Warren County supervisors have decided to raise the sales tax instead of cutting spending to balance the county budget.
"How I Met Your Mother" was great this past week. My favorite part was Marshall's note to himself. I thought about what I would have written to 30 year old me when I was 16. The song that would have been playing while writing it, "Down Under" by Men at Work. Thinking about it, I only have accomplished one thing that would have been on that note. Working in radio. When I was 16 my goals by the age of 30 were the following. Marrying my college sweetheart and having one kid. Working as a program director at a medium to major market radio station somewhere in the Northeast, and owning a nice English Tudor style home that had a circular driveway with a basketball court set up on it somewhere so I could shoot baskets. Talk about me being a complete and utter failure.
A positive note to leave you readers with. Thanks to everybody again for your generosity with the Adopt A Child program and the charity auction for Operation Santa Claus. We raised $8,100 in the charity auction. Also thanks to my friends who I called and donated items for the auction. I've said this many times and I'll repeat it again. The giving nature of our listeners and the people of Warren, Washington, and Saratoga Counties overwhelms and amazes me. Enjoy the weekend. See you in the gym where I workout at or at the Phantoms games this weekend...Leccese out.

No comments: