Friday, December 18, 2009

Thanks for the reminder of that wedding I have to go to in 6 months and upset specials

Hi There. Well as I type this entry its a nice warm 3 degrees outside at the home office between Warrensburg and Chestertown. I've got some other things to talk about, but first as always the Upset Specials. I sent Jim Mora a Christmas card with a lump of coal included for letting me down last week as the Seahawks decided not to show up in that loss to the Texans. Maybe they should have worn those lime green third unis, especially on offense. Would you want go near and tackle someone wearing one of those hideous looking things. I didn't think so either. O.K. Two upset specials for you, both pro. Game 1 Monday night, take the Redskins over the Giants, whose defense I could score on. The second game, go with the Packers on the road over the Steelers who have had 10 days off since losing to the Browns, but its not gonna help.
A year ago I watched my favorite baseball team suffer through a collapse in the last season of Shea Stadium. Now its deja vu all over again with my favorite pro football team in their last season at Giants Stadium and its not the Jets I'm talking about.
Maybe I'll start rooting for the Cincinnati Bengals. They're 9-4 and between what just happened tragically to Chris Henry and earlier this season the wife of the teams' defensive coordinator passing away unexpectedly. They need some good vibes as they make a play-off push, so show the Bengals a little extra love this holiday season.
If Elin Nordegren files for divorce from Tiger in California, pre-nup or no pre-nup he is soooo screwed.
Now for some Phantoms talk. The problem hasn't been the goaltending, its been the offense or lack of. So how does the parent club help us out, by signing John Grahame and Michael Leighton. Hey Paul Holmgren, if you want to really help; send down James VanReimsdyk for a 2 week conditioning stint. I was sort of disappointed that their was only 3,200 fans last Saturday night. The weather wasn't a problem, and we're talking about the Penguins farm team here. What's gonna happen when Norfolk actually does show up on Saturday night. Remember there's still plenty of time to get things in order and make a run at Hershey and the Rats at the top of the division.
I'm also saying this about the Rangers, who's offense is just as bad as the Phantoms.
Got a grocery store alert for you. Go out and buy a box of Wheat Thins Flat Bread crackers. Good Stuff.
Have you been fascinated by James Cameron's latest, "Avatar?" I am and I think I might have to make a run to the theater and see this movie. I have to ask, how could a movie that hasn't been in theaters yet get nominated for awards?
This weeks sign of the apocalypse. ABBA is getting inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame before KISS does? What's up with that and who are The Stooges anyway? I am not the most music savvy individual on the planet, but is Iggy Pop that much of a musical genius or has been that much of an innovator on the music scene.
I got a note from my cousin and her fiance the other day. It was a reminder that their impending nuptials are only 6 months away. Let's see what do I have planned on that day. Nope can't make it. I'm finally going to have that growth surgically removed and my doctor and HMO won't let me re-schedule. My mom explained that this is proper protocol and it was very thoughtful of them to tell us and to plan ahead. I guess she doesn't have enough on her plate between handling my late uncle's estate and trying to build a home in South Carolina. Needed one more thing to keep her mind busy and it was channeling Emily Post. My mom told me that a relative gave a manners book to her as a gift way back when. Its nice to know she read it. Yo Mom, did you read that chapter on thank you cards and send one? I have a suggestion for my cousin and her future husband. It's called eloping.
My parents will be in the area for Christmas and New Years so the tree is up and somewhat decorated. The lights are on. The decorations get added this weekend. We go real tree in the Leccese family and this year it was a little too easy picking one and getting it set up. Why do I have this uneasy feeling something will go wrong.
I'm getting my resolutions ready for 2010 and I've got 4 etched in stone and one or two more maybe coming. Last year it was only one.
Weekends full between the Phantoms game and watching Rutgers play in its insignificant bowl game. I think I'm also on holiday cookie baking detail.
Finally, this is a warning is for people who are either vegans, gluten intolerant and or have food allergies. The cookies and brownies I bake will and do contain some of the following ingredients: whole eggs, real butter, flour, peanut butter, and nuts...Leccese out.

No comments: