Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And the Oscar for the best flop by a player during the World Cup goes to...

Hi there. F.Y.I-"The Greenhouse Effect" is a vuvuzela free zone. Hard to believe but leading off is the World Cup of soccer. Next thing you know lacrosse will lead off an edition. Everybody's commenting about how the U.S. got screwed on a bad call during the game with Slovenia in which they came back from the dead to end the game in a 2-2 tie. I played soccer as a kid right up until my freshman year in high school and I still don't understand what the heck the off side call is. I've actually watched a lot of both games featuring the U.S. and I hope to watch some of the game with Algeria. Look, soccer officials just blow a whistle and point. They don't explain the call and every once in a while will put up a yellow or red card. They are still better than NBA officials.
So the Lakers won the NBA championship. Wait a second while I'll yawn with my mouth open. If you think that Kobe Bryant is the greatest Laker player of all time due to the fact he's now won 5 rings, you don't know anything about the rich history of the Lakers. Biggest spoiled brat in Lakers' history, hands down. Greatest of all time? He doesn't even make my starting 5. That honor goes to Earvin Johnson, Jerry West, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, George Mikan, and Elgin Baylor.
Was I really watching golf last Sunday or "Survivor?" I know the U.S. Open is supposed to be the toughest test of golfs' four majors, but that was so not fair.
I was just one game off on my Hershey Bears winning the Calder Cup prediction.
I might save that River Rats coffee mug I own and not donate it to a charity garage sale now that the new team will be know as the Devils.
On to other things. First KFC came out with the Doubledown Chicken Sandwich; now Friendly's (whom I once was an employee of a long time ago) has come out with the, "Grilled Cheese Burger Melt." It's a burger that is between not one; but two grilled cheese sandwiches. This sandwich has 15 hundred calories! I'm trying to eat that many in a whole day. I would have to walk on a inclined treadmill at a minimum of 4 mph for 1 hour and 20 minutes just burn off that sandwich. Did Adam Richman help develop this monster? Who says America is an obese country and its people live an unhealthy sedentary lifestyle.
This weeks sign of the apocalypse. My car was getting serviced last week and while waiting in the repair shop, I saw a commercial for a product called Huggies Jean Diapers. The commercial alone is in the, "Did I really see what I just saw?" category.
Garden update. Potatoes have started growing (finally), everything else is coming along nicely. Seeing some real small tomatoes and peppers, and the big spruce tree is coming out in next 2 weeks.
Stupid squirrels. They are destroying my hummingbird feeders by eating the plastic yellow flowers that the birds stick their beaks in to get at the nectar in the feeder. I can live with those rodents at the regular bird feeder during winter, but don't mess with the hummingbirds. Bastards.
Had a great time with Dan last Thursday visiting Johnsburg Central School and talking with the 4th, 5th and 6th graders about what we do at the radio station. I have a blast going to schools talking to the kids and doing that sort of thing.
Finally, while talking with Dan on the drive to North Creek I told him I have just about given up any and all hope in finding a nice woman to have a relationship with. He said my problem has been I want a Barbie doll. He's only half right. I do want a Barbie Doll. I want M.B.A or Ph.D Barbie. Someone with a high I.Q. to go with the Ford Modeling Agency looks and in shape body.
Thank you both Ben Osborn and David Miller...Leccese out.

No comments: