Sunday, June 13, 2010

Surviving Bike Week and a Wedding

Hi there. This was definitely a week that tested my patience. First it was Bike Week and of course the wedding of my cousin took place(Yes its over!!!!!) and I survived both of them.
As for the suit, I ended up buying the one I originally tried on first. Went with the black t-shirt, ultra casual look to go with it. When you see an overwhelming majority of the guys wearing black or midnight blue suits with collared shirts and ties and your wearing tan with black you tend to stick out like a sore thumb. I was second guessing the t-shirt look. The reception, it was tasteful and classy. The food was good, beer choices were mediocre. I could have used a Guiness real bad. I was really proud of myself when it came to eating healthy. Just ate the entree. Stayed away from hors d'oeuvres, bread, and the dessert table with the exception of 2 chocolate dipped strawberries. The band was pathetic. Sorry guys, take my advice and stay away from any James Brown or Commodores song; and please pick up the tempo if you're gonna play "The Authority Song" by John Mellancamp. I also didn't have to suffer further by watching any females do the "Electric Slide" or "Macarena." I did meet my cousins' husband Jonathan. He's a really nice guy and she lucked out in finding him. We had a great conversation. Good thing he has never read this blog. One more wedding note. Did you ever notice that after the first drinks are poured guys start unbuttoning the top button on their shirts, loosen the tie and sometimes roll up their shirt sleeves?
Onto other things. I watched the first half of the England/USA soccer game and I don't what teams' goalkeeper I felt more sorry for. Robert "Hands of Stone" Green from England or the USA's Tim Howard with that hideous looking jersey and shorts he wore. I would like to say his mother dresses him funny, but that would just insult his Mom. I don't think that color he was wearing can be found anywhere in nature.
Dan and I were talking about the World Cup and I said I was somewhat interested and compared it to those people who get into watching the hockey during the Winter Olympics.
What's going on with college football? First Nebraska goes to the Big 10. Colorado is headed to the PAC-10. Even everybody's favorite Cinderella, Boise State is jumping to a more competitive conference. Football drives the college sports bus people and right now that bus is reminding me of the one in the movie, "Speed." I thought that the Big East would be the first to head for a premature burial and not the Big 12.
USC got a so called "major" punishment from the NCAA last week over the Reggie Bush and O.J. Mayo messes. It was nothing more than getting rapped once on the bare knuckles with a ruler. So the football team looses some scholarships, and no bowl games for two years. If you really wanted to stick it to the Trojans, take away their share of the money they would receive from bowl games and the NCAA basketball tournament. If you didn't know, all the money teams in a conference earn from appearing in bowls and the basketball tournament get pooled together and divided equally.
I told you Blackhawks in 6.
A piece of advice for Tom Izzo. You'd be making a huge mistake leaving Michigan State for the Cavs.
Congrats to Fort Ann on winning a state baseball title. I know that school is just about over, but the start of football practice is like 65 days away. Summer vacation will go by really fast...Leccese out.

No comments: