Monday, July 18, 2011

Was that Jim Cantore or Mike Seidel I saw at the British Open when the heavy rains and wind hit

Hi there. Hope you had a nice week. We start with the British Open or The Open Championship as they like to call over there on the other side of the Atlantic. Darren Clarke is a good guy who deserved to win a major. Felt bad for Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson who took the gas pipe. Sort of like my putting performance at Kingswood Sunday. Decent off the tee, rock solid with my irons, but on the greens...fuhgett about it! 3 was a magic number when it came to my putting. The hi-light of the tournament for me was seeing 61 year old Tom Watson hit a 178 yard 7 iron one bounce and in for a hole in one during the second round. The other was seeing the conditions that the golfers often played in. The wind and the rain. At one point I thought that Jim Cantore or Mike Seidel would be providing on course reporting following the leaders. Playing one of those links courses in the Britian, Scotland or Ireland is high on my bucket list.

What is wrong with our justice system? Roger Clemens perjury trial was declared a mistrial for some video that was seen on the second day of testimony. Casey Anthony is acquitted of murdering her 2 year daughter because the jury felt their wasn't enough evidence to convict her. Yet Plaxico Burress goes to jail for 21 months because he accidentally shot himself in the groin with an unlicensed gun in a nightclub.

In the last edition I wondered about Brian Wilson the Giants closer. Well after seeing the outfit he wore to the ESPY's, its has been confirmed that he is certifiably a freak.

I know we should be disappointed that the U.S womens' soccer team lost in the finals of the World Cup, but considering all the stuff that Japan has been through with the earthquake and tsunami. I'm kind of glad they won to boost the country's moral.

O.K. so doing the right thing and receiving a reward for being a good person happens to be taxable. Christian Lopez the lucky young man who caught Derek Jeter's 3000th hit not only got 4 tickets to every remaining home game regular season and play-offs in a luxury suite and some autographed items from Jeter, he was hit with a $14,000 gift tax bill from the IRS.

So tell me football fans, are we really gonna be that upset if we miss one meaningless exhibition game if the work stoppage goes on for another week or two. I didn't think so either.

Want to take a moment to wish nothing but the best to two of my good friends and fitness instructors who have big days coming up. First is Jenn Carbone. Congratulations on your wedding Tuesday. Many of us gym freaks who you teach wish you all the best for a long, happy marriage. Secondly, Jason Gardner is doing the Iron Man triathlon this weekend in Lake Placid. I know you'll do great. Next time I see you at gym freak get together, I'm buying a round and we'll toast your success. I won't take no for an answer either

Saratoga season starts Friday and in less than 30 days its the start of football practice. I am so psyched. Hi to all the rest of the gym freaks and instructors...Leccese out.

No comments: