Sunday, July 24, 2011

My busy season has begun



Hi there. Here I am typing away on my laptop pondering the world around me. I spent most of the weekend laying in front of the TV watching horse racing on TVG. There's nothing better in late July or August with nothing to do than watching the races. Even NBC and Versus will be showing an hour long Saratoga show on Saturdays. August 15th and football practice begins.

So Saturday morning I had one of those mornings that was just totally awesome. Had a great air shift on the sister station. If you didn't know by now, I work Saturday mornings on Hits 95 Nine from 6 to 9am. Afterward, headed to the track to pick up my media credentials and take care of a little radio station business that went perfectly. Then took care of something that hopefully this coming Saturday will make me to quote Barney Stinson, "Legen-dary." Finally, I picked up that big record you see in the photo which I had framed. It's a transcription disc from 1948 and its only one 2 pieces of radio memorabilia I own. Thanks to Chip Ordway for giving it to me. It will look great hanging on the wall over my desk at home.

One side note about my trip to Saratoga. On my way from the track I stopped by the East side recreation fields and checked out the football field. If I even mention wanting to broadcast a Saratoga Catholic home game, Dan and JP you personally have my permission to invoke the slap bet commissioner and give me 5 hard ones all at once to knock some common sense into me.

We had two horrible tragedies this weekend. First was the massacre in Norway. Norway of all places! The more and more we're hearing about this guy who acted alone, I've come to the conclusion that this hate filled individual was an almond or two short of a full can of mixed nuts!

Then there was Amy Winehouse who had such unlimited potential and an amazing talent but couldn't beat the horrible demons of drugs, alcohol, and other things that might have been inside of her. She was too young to die this way.

So what's going to drag on longer? The NFL labor talks or the national debt debate? Come on now lets get our spending under control and start playing some football damn it!

Note to Steve Williams. In the real world people do get fired. For 12 years you had the best gig in golf being the caddy and on course body guard to "Eldrick the Gimp" Woods. If you want some sympathy, go talk to Mark "Fluff" Cowan. You know who he is don't you? He was the guy that you replaced after Eldrick canned him. Not all caddie/golfer relationships last like Bruce Edwards with Tom Watson, Joe LaCava with Freddy Couples, and Herman Mitchell and Lee Trevino.

You think suffering a lower back impingement not once, but twice was tough? I'm in for the longest 5 months of my life. Gym freak exile here I come and I can't do anything about it. Well at least the track and high school football will keep me busy til November. I'll explain in the next edition...Leccese out.


No comments: