Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Sometimes food can be better than sex and other weekend observations

Hi There. I know when you read the title of this entry, the overwhelming majority will disagree. However if you attended the Taste of the North Country I think it might sway a few of you towards my thinking. As a hard core foodie and Food Network addict, it was awesome. I saw and spoke with a lot of friends I haven't seen in a while as I sample some seriously good stuff. I was in heaven. I have a strategy when it comes to Taste of the NC. First, I look for a real good soup. Next is barbecue. Either ribs or pulled pork, doesn't matter. One more entree, this year it was really delicious crab cakes and finally it's dessert time. Something with chocolate is a given. Throw in a fruit dessert and then search out bread pudding. Also don't be afraid try something you wouldn't normally order out. All this food talk is making me hungry.
I was grocery shopping and what did I find in the cereal aisle? Toaster Pastries with fiber in them. That's as bad as organic Oreo cookies.
If I hear any more Mets fans complaining about the ceremonies at Shea's last game, I'm gonna hurt someone. Look it wasn't gonna top what the Yankees did. They did do it with class though. When Dwight Gooden was introduced I was so pumped up. Dr. K was back for one more house call wearing the right scrubs. True Mets fans like myself loved seeing Dave Kingman, Willie Mays, Wayne Garrett and others comeback. I wish Nolan Ryan and Jerry Grote would have been there, but I guess you can't have everything. Having all the players step on home plate one last time before Tom Seaver threw that last pitch to Mike Piazza. Nice touch.
I owe Billy Joel an apology. I read a review of his August concerts at Shea. Roger Daltrey appeared and did a couple of Who songs; even broke a guitar up for old times sake, but my wish came true. Paul McCartney did come back and played a couple Beatles songs with the Piano Man as the last numbers in the show.
The Monday night comedies on CBS were on per usual. I could relate to Leonard's girlfiend on "Big Bang Theory." Some differences you just can't overcome in a relationship. Regis Philbin was funny on "How I Met Your Mother." Jake on "Two and a Half Men" so much reminds me of the son of a co-worker here at the radio station.
If snack cakes and donuts were considered vegetables, I think Brian would eat more vegetables.
Happy Birthday Festus...Leccese out.

No comments: