Monday, September 15, 2008

Sometimes I amaze myself and other weekend observatios

Hi There. Well we've made it halfway through September and can you believe there is officially only 7 days left in the summer. After having now 2 straight weeks of my upset specials coming through (Thank you Maryland and the 49ers) I've decided on a new challenge. I'm going to Washington DC and offer my services to Jerry Manuel and tryout for a spot in the Mets bullpen. If John Carney and Jeff Feagles can kick and punt for the Giants and they're 44 and 42 years of age respectively, why not let me pitch? A 42 year out of shape radio announcer who hasn't played organized baseball on any level since he was 10 years old. I can't be any worse than Heilman, Feliciano, Schoeneweis, or Sanchez are already. Did I miss anyone?
I told you the Browns and Vikings were overrated.
The St.Louis Rams are so bad that the Burnt Hills/Ballston Lake Spartans would have given the Giants a better game yesterday.
Hey Packer fans, do you miss Number 4 yet? Aaron Rodgers has looked pretty good so far. O.K. he's played the Vikes and Lions but Brett the J-E-T lost to a QB who last started a game his senior year of High School.
That must have been some tackle that knocked down and took out Charlie Weis.
I watched Saturday Night Live and yes Tina Fey is a dead ringer for Sarah Palin. I could only take about 30 minutes because Amy Poehler got on my nerves. Michael Phelps, one piece of advice for you. Stick to eating and swimming please. I'll have to ask Shawn or John on the sister station who or what is a Lil Wayne?
Has Norv Turner stopped whining about the two calls in the Chargers/Broncos game yet? Norv, if your sieve of a defense hadn't given up that 2 point conversion or that last second TD pass at home to the Panthers, your team would 2 and 0. It's nice to see your stud LB Shawne Merriman finally having knee surgery after four yes four doctors told him so.
Bernard "Putt" LaMay Memorial Field was dedicated Saturday and now I can finally stop talking about how great the place is. On a side note: Brian officially went into the record books Saturday as buying the first hot dog, the first slice of pizza, and the first order of nachos at the new concession stand at Putt LaMay Field. Did I miss any other items on the menu? It couldn't happen to a more worthy individual. My Smart Water is getting warm...Leccese out.

No comments: