Tuesday, May 26, 2009

What didn't I do this weekend and other observations

Hi There. If I were to describe my weekend it would be like a Jeopardy category. I'll take potpourri for $100.00, Alex. I did just about everything you could do except one thing and since you know my luck, take a wild guess what didn't happen. I wonder how many new phone numbers Mike got riding shotgun with Dan and Pete in the parades?
I saw Star Trek and as a fan of the tv shows and movies, I came away satisfied. J.J.Abrams did a good job with the Trek franchise. I will not give away any of the movie's plot in case you haven't seen it. Karl Urban's portrayal of Dr. McCoy was dead on. Deforest Kelly would have been proud.
I also got the garden in. Finally. No more digging, or hauling manure and topsoil around. The seeds have been planted, the plants are in the ground and lets hope I have a year like I did last year. Bumper crops of everything.
Played that first round of golf and it is true what Mark Twain said, "Golf is a good walk spoiled." Especially if you're rusty from not playing for more than 6 months.
Best movie preview I've seen this year is for, "The Hangover." Mike Tyson's cameo is hysterical! It was great seeing the former champ like I remember him before Don King screwed up his life. Speaking of Mike Tyson, hopefully his 4 year old daughter is going to be O.K.
Also get well wishes to Phil Mickelson's wife Amy.
Besides the fact the Mets are beat up injury wise there was more bad news regarding New York's national league team. During the last home stand, a woman got her arm stuck in a toilet in CitiField after her gold tooth fell in the potty and she tried to retrieve it. That wouldn't have happened if the Mets were still playing at Shea. Also I read where Jerry Koosman might be going to jail for a year for tax evasion. Say it ain't so number 36!
Who needs performance enhancing drugs when you can go to the new Yankee Stadium? The way home runs are being hit there, even I might have a shot to hit one out.
The Padres have won 10 straight. It's not a typo.
It looks like we're heading for another Pittsburgh/Detroit Stanley Cup Final. Oh boy, I'm so excited about the that re-match...NOT!
Does anybody really care that Helio Castroneves won the Indy 500. I didn't think so.
I got new pair of these sandals for Christmas and I wore them around the radio ranch for the first time and Dan laughed at them. They're stylish and cool looking, Miner. Cut me some slack bro, at least I wasn't wearing sneakers with black socks like Cloutier did.
Note to Clay Aiken. For the sake of the betterment of mankind. Just go away please and leave the rest of us alone. You're 15 seconds of fame was over a long time ago...Leccese out.

No comments: