Sunday, June 7, 2009

Watching cartoons and drinking an adult beverage don't mix

Hi there. Hope you had a nice weekend. It's June 7th and I'm waiting to see consistent 80 degree temps and the seeds haven't come up yet. Can you blame them? I'd stay in the ground where its warm too. The rest of the garden is O.K. so far. The tomato and lettuce plants are thriving while the other stuff is alright but I know they would rather have the warmer weather too.
Is it just me or when Nadya Suleman decides to criticize Kate Gosselin the saying that comes to mind is, "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones." The only tv series that involves a big family I want to see is, "Mike and Carol plus 6 and Alice."
After seeing the clip of Sasha Baron Cohen and his stunt involving Eminem at the MTV movie awards, I can't decide whether he's a comedic genius or two Brazil nuts short of a can of mixed nuts. First Ali G, then Borat, now this Bruno character. What's up with that? He was great in Talledega Nights and as the voice of Julien in Madagascar.
This weeks sign of the apocalypse. Paul McCartney is scheduled to perform the first concerts at CitiField. I know he showed up to do those last two numbers with Billy Joel at Shea last year, but Sir Paul should have been headlining those last two concerts. It would have had more meaning considering the Beatles shows at Shea changed how rock in a big venue was performed.
At least the Meadowlands are getting it right with the final concerts at Giants Stadium. Bruce Springsteen gets the honor. It makes me less angry that the Jets will play the last regular season football game there. The idiot who came up with NFL schedule should be fired for that one.
A judge this week dismissed a lawsuit from a California woman who sued Quaker Oats claiming they duped her into believing that the Crunch Berries in a box of Cap'n Crunch were real fruit. What's next a lawsuit claiming that General Mills is deceiving the public into believing that the marshmallow pieces in a box of Lucky Charms are really lucky? The lawyer who was dumb enough to actually file the lawsuit should be disbarred and have his license to practice law taken away.
I've haven't mentioned the problems that have plagued both GM and Chrysler and it has me wondering. Where is the next Lee Iacocca coming from? That visionary who will bring these auto companies back from bankruptcy and regain the trust of the American driving public with fuel efficient, good looking, well made vehicles. One thing that has affected me is the sale of the Saturn line to Roger Penske. I've been a Saturn owner for 12 years, and in the next 18 months I'll be looking to replace my SUV with a new vehicle. I had no intention of buying another Saturn. However if Saturn can get back to what attracted me to the company in first place, I might reconsider.
I haven't followed tennis in a long time, but I get the feeling that Roger Federer is the greatest male tennis player in my lifetime.
What's more depressing? Being a Clippers fan or a Pirates fan. It must be frustrating for Bucs fans seeing Nate McLouth traded to the Braves for 3 prospects on June 3rd. What's more disheartening is the Pirates play in the nicest ballpark in the majors. They deserve a winner. One of the few reasons I wish my sister and her family still lived in Pittsburgh is so I could go visit and see a ball game at PNC Park. At least the fans in the 'burgh have the Penguins and Steelers to bring them happiness.
Unlike most Mets fans, I'm not standing on the ledge threatening to jump. In fact I'm no where near a open window. It's June 7th!
Yes Virginia and Yankees fans even Mo Rivera is human once in a while.
The best pitcher in baseball plays in Canada and his name is Roy Halladay.
If you're a horse who had two sons running in the Belmont like Birdstone had and your kids finished 1st and 3rd. I'd be one pretty proud dad.
Brett Favre had shoulder surgery and Eldrick won a golf tournament. If you don't mind, I'm going to use some bad manners and yawn with my mouth open.
Finally this gem from Larry Brooks column in the New York Post. "Mike Emrick was reading a promo for Versus and the World Extreme Cage Fighting and Fanarchy. We thought he was talking about the DVD about the 1973-74 Philadelphia Flyers." Good stuff...Leccese out.

No comments: